Author Topic: Sneak Peak  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
Re: Sneak Peak
« Reply #60 on: 08/03/21 14:44 UTC »
Yeah the wave worm with the two tail injections will be a game changer for soft plastics. If do it starts to produce more molds like that…..It will be awesome. Simply because it will be such a timesaver and make producing multi color baits and bait tails so easy.

I had a pack of mister twisters that had an orange side and a yellow side on the grub bodies with a white tail that worked great….but trying to produce them in my mold sucks….

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #61 on: 08/20/21 15:17 UTC »
Do-It sets the rules, I just play by them. lol

And too, most ice fishing tackle being introduced is finished tackle, not something the crafter can use or sees right away. Honestly there's really isn't much of anything in the tackle world that's "new" any more, just stuff that's been modified from what was available in the past.

I think more innovation has come from the newer components such as tungsten. Anytime heavier can be achieved with a smaller size just changes the whole dynamic of, say, a jig or ice lure. The opposite can be said of tin and lighter.

I do understand where you're coming from though, Agronomist.

Offline Agronomist_at_ia

• Kicker
« Reply #62 on: 08/22/21 00:20 UTC »
Do-It sets the rules, I just play by them. lol

And too, most ice fishing tackle being introduced is finished tackle, not something the crafter can use or sees right away. Honestly there's really isn't much of anything in the tackle world that's "new" any more, just stuff that's been modified from what was available in the past.

I think more innovation has come from the newer components such as tungsten. Anytime heavier can be achieved with a smaller size just changes the whole dynamic of, say, a jig or ice lure. The opposite can be said of tin and lighter.

I do understand where you're coming from though, Agronomist.

To be totally honest I moved to tungsten a few years ago with panfish jigs. I was fishing some ht mooska jigs that were absolute junk. Absolutely swore by tungsten and was only buying tungsten due to the light weight ht jigs. Well…after shooting plastics and making my own l small lead head jigs with the do it molds for the ice plastics I realized something….the jigs I was fishing weren’t even lead….they were really light weight epoxy type jigs. Since that realization I’ve found lead jigs to work fine to about 15 ft or so….20-30ft tungsten rules. Well 95% of my fishing for panfish is 15 foot or less. So a lead mold would be a game changer….also would LOVE some Small Spoons for panfish.