Author Topic: Tonight's dinner....  (Read 1213 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Tonight's dinner....
« on: 08/04/21 11:26 UTC »
....and a bag for the freezer. Spaghetti sauce from fresh garden tomatoes for tonight's pasta. About two quarts here.

I cut back from 26 plants to 16 this year thinking I wouldn't need to do spaghettis sauce again this year what with that still in the freezer, but those maters are just taking life over again. Can't throw them or give them away. Cukes are getting to be a challenge too. We eat a plate of slice tomatoes and cukes at least once a day just to try and keep up but pickles, relish and spaghettis sauce  have to be done to stay abreast of the garden. Pole beans will be ready by Friday so another chore. lol
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Tonight's dinner....
« Reply #1 on: 08/04/21 12:41 UTC »
My tomatoes, cukes, green beans did real well this year. Good year for zuchinni as usual. My winter squash didn't fare well, but you can't have everything.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 08/04/21 14:39 UTC »
Looks good Tom.  Luv me some pasta and home grown veggies as well.  Back in the early 80's I was stationed at a base in southwest Oklahoma.  We bought a house in a small rural town about 10 miles away.  The night we moved in a neighbor came over to welcome us to the neighborhood.  During our chat he mentioned that whenever I went to the store or post office t make sure we locked our car doors.  I was flabbergasted.  I said really?  In a town this size?  He told me that every home has its own garden and if you leave your doors unlocked you will find a very large sack of zucchini when you return (he wasn't kidding).
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 08/04/21 17:08 UTC »
Was beginning go sounder when the taste eating pics were going to start.
Nothing like home made sauce.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 08/05/21 06:14 UTC »
 Wife went out with her friends last night so I cooked shrimp and grits.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 08/05/21 06:23 UTC »
Y'all make it hard on a boy trying to loose a few pounds. It all looks good. 

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 08/05/21 07:21 UTC »
I've been curious how you stay pencil thin Lamar. 4 shrimp, one ear of grits and a small tomato with whatever....is that the preview of the entree?

Does look good though.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 08/06/21 06:23 UTC »
I've been curious how you stay pencil thin Lamar. 4 shrimp, one ear of grits and a small tomato with whatever....is that the preview of the entree?

Does look good though.

Well doing cross-fit and riding 2000 miles a summer on my bicycle helps. Like my wife says we're not skinny we're in shape. There's a difference.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 09/01/21 11:08 UTC »
Tomato hornworms absolutely decimated my plants this year.  Fortunately we were able to get a bunch of fruit off them before they fell victim.  Okra have done well as did our zucchini, pattypan squash, poblano and Anaheim peppers.  Have some small red peppers that have done really well too.  I'm not sure what they are as they were given to me by a friend but I am thinking they are either cayenne or possibly Thai or Sichuan peppers.  Despite their small size they pack a serious punch.  I like to throw one or two along with a clove of garlic and some spices into my brine I use to pickle my okra.