Author Topic: A few Hair Jigs  (Read 143 times)

Offline anyfish

• Keeper
A few Hair Jigs
« on: 10/12/21 19:48 UTC »
I like hair jigs.  They are fun to tie and fun to fish.  I have found them and bait making in general a great stress reliever.  One of the things I like about hair jigs is even when the same materials are used, each one is a little unique.  I took some time away from the vise over the last year and mostly made plastic baits.  It was great to sit back down for a little while.

The purple one serves a dual purpose bass and slow water coho bait, while the black and blue gave me a good excuse to try out the ES Craw mold. 

Enjoy.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: A few Hair Jigs
« Reply #1 on: 10/12/21 20:02 UTC »
Pretty fancy. Nice work using mixed materials like that.

Offline anyfish

• Keeper
« Reply #2 on: 10/12/21 22:38 UTC »
Thanks Tom.  I used to do a fair amount of jig and fly tying but that soft plastic bug bites hard.   :D

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 10/13/21 07:54 UTC »
Those look good.

Offline bigjim5589

• Kicker
  • J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC
« Reply #4 on: 10/13/21 15:26 UTC »
Good looking jigs! I tie a few myself!  ;D

Offline anyfish

• Keeper
« Reply #5 on: 10/13/21 22:38 UTC »
Thanks for the kind words. 

Offline bigjim5589

• Kicker
  • J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC
« Reply #6 on: 10/14/21 19:54 UTC »
Anyfish, what kinds of flies do you or did you tie? About the only types that I don't tie are full dress Atlantic Salmon flies. I don't tie a lot of trout flies, not many dry flies at all, but will tie them. I primary tie panfish, bass flies & Striper flies, and get some orders for Steelhead flies & for coastal saltwater fish. Redfish, Seatrout, Flounder & such.

Offline anyfish

• Keeper
« Reply #7 on: 10/14/21 22:30 UTC »
I tie flies for trout, bass, sea run cutthroat and panfish.  I used to tie steelhead and salmon flies too, but not so much anymore.  Some times I fly fish, sometimes not.  I just go with whatever the mood strikes.