Author Topic: from the pot to the fire....  (Read 164 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
from the pot to the fire....
« on: 08/24/21 10:32 UTC »
I listened to the weather man at 4 this morning and decided, based on his forecast, that we'd be safe hitting the crappie hole at sunrise. As we got nearer to the fishing location we noticed that lightning and a serious looking cloud bank were also getting nearer to the spot. We got parked only to enjoy hail, rain, wind and all the fun stuff blowing thru the air so we waited it out in the vehicle. Maybe a ten minute wait. Not bad and things did a great job of quieting down. Until about 8, at which time I noticed a much blacker, more serious looking shelf cloud bearing down on us. The clouds under the shelf were boiling like crazy so we grabbed the gear and just got back to the vehicle when the wind hit. Not much lightning with this cell but the rain.....falling in sheets and running in rivers. Since the weather map had changed a bit from the 4am look-see we decided to cut our losses and come home. We each caught one crappie and lost one crappie in the short period of calm weather between downpours.

So.....I know crappies have begun their early fall transition somewhat. I also know that I'll now not pay too much attention to what the weather man says.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: from the pot to the fire....
« Reply #1 on: 08/30/21 12:36 UTC »
Sorry you had to cut your day short . Pretty soon you should get some better weather.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: from the pot to the fire....
« Reply #2 on: 08/30/21 13:50 UTC »
High blue skies with a cold front today. Much less humidity in spite of the mid 80 temps.