Author Topic: flutter mold  (Read 2941 times)

Offline deckertje

• Minnow
flutter mold
« on: 12/25/17 13:57 UTC »
I'm looking for a mold that makes very light lures, the best I found is the flutter mold, but it's still a bit to heavy for my needs
1/8 oz is to heavy, anyone an idea if it would be easy to pour tin inside of the mold instead of lead? what weight would my lure have instead? :'(

Offline Bucho

• Keeper
Re: flutter mold
« Reply #1 on: 12/25/17 15:14 UTC »
the smallest flutter jig mold cavity is 1/4oz lead. My tin casts are 5gr. Computer says thats 0.18 oz, you do the friction.

I find that very light. If thats still too heavy for your needs then you might want to look into soldering blades.

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 12/26/17 20:34 UTC »
Jigs made with tin typically weight 1/3 less than a pure lead jig.
I haven't had issues pouring in tin other than the price.
Not sure what you are looking for but as was said soldering blades with the Reinke brothers silicone molds, ice blades, and aberdeen hooks is pretty easy and fun.
If we knew what you were trying to achieve we could offer better advice.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Offline deckertje

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 12/30/17 12:56 UTC »
the smallest flutter jig mold cavity is 1/4oz lead. My tin casts are 5gr. Computer says thats 0.18 oz, you do the friction.

I find that very light. If thats still too heavy for your needs then you might want to look into soldering blades.
I was looking for something around 4 or 5g, so thanks for the reply :D

I used to buy tiny lead fish from china in very light weights(but not sure if it was all lead inside because of the coating, but couldn't find these anymore for a descent price, they work excellent for perch, if I take a little bit heavier my lure drops to quickly :D ul fishing :D
« Last Edit: 12/30/17 12:58 UTC by deckertje »

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 12/30/17 13:45 UTC »
Just throwing this out there. 1/8 oz is 3.5 grams so if an 1/8 oz is too heavy 4 or 5 grams will also be too heavy.