Author Topic: los quesos grandes  (Read 1913 times)

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
los quesos grandes
« on: 07/28/19 18:41 UTC »
(aka the big cheeses)

I went on a somewhat local (a couple hours from the house) mid-summer musky trip with a buddy because we both needed a little time away.  Aside from recharging, I had an ulterior objective: to test the biggest ripper against the meanest fish (and to a lesser extent, I was also testing a modified version of the swimbait head jig for weedlessness and tracking).  The 6 inch Ripper has fantastic action as a super slow moving swim bait (which I double hooked and coupled with a safety pin spinner), and it drew some exciting follows/strikes...  true running, check... big fish attraction, check... holding up against the slashing teeth, check... the combo was everything I wanted it to be. 

Even though I never boated a fish, I was so impressed with this rig that I dismantled all of my other swim-spin rigs (made of other components) to make room for this new & improved version. 

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: los quesos grandes
« Reply #1 on: 07/28/19 20:02 UTC »
Glad you got out for some fun /great bait’s aren’t they slow or fast with no problem.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/29/19 07:15 UTC »
That 6" Ripper is one of the most requested sample baits for me. Muskie guys and Lake Trout jiggers seem to be all over it.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 07/29/19 22:02 UTC »
As much as smaller rippers get talked up (and they are indeed good baits),  I think the big one is WAAAAY better... it has an undeniable presence big fish can't ignore.