I got a bunch of these vibe bait blanks last winter about the time the Artic set in and never got back to them. I did a couple up but after the cold took the big bite they sort of fell into limbo. Yesterday I got a new Ultra color shift in the mail called "Aloha" and after doing the top coat clear blended with this pigment I can see why the name fits....man this stuff is exotic. I couldn't get the lighting to cooperate but this pigment is purple, fuscia, gold, green and hints of blue. After trying for ten minutes to get the pigment to work in a picture for me I noticed the sides and decided to use this picture.
This pigment is beautiful used with the other colors. The other colors, by the way, are all Do-It Bait Blast colors. The blanks were first given a coat of white then a coat of Go-To Pearl. The chartreuse was thinned down a bit and a light coat applied to the bellies, then a quick shot of Flame red was put on the flat at the front bottom of the baits. Transparent purple was shot over the backs and feathered down the sides. Basic black was thinned wayyyyy down and a light coat put on the tops and some feathering allowed down the sides with the purple. The final coat was clear thinned well and the Aloha pigment stirred in. The clear was applied on the entire bait with four more light coats across the very tops. I'll note that each coat was heat set in every color.
I think these 2" baits will be dynamic for vertically jigged walleyes. They might even catch a Laker next week.