Author Topic: Two-fer - color match + learning laminates  (Read 1073 times)

Offline JustWil

• Minnow
Two-fer - color match + learning laminates
« on: 02/05/21 13:06 UTC »
I have to admit to a favorite bait...I love the GY senko in watermelon slice.  It just produces for me.
However, not only is GY proud of them (right fully so), they are hard to come by sometimes when needed most (my fault).
I got the idea to try my hand at making a replica stick so I have have them on hand whenever needed.

This presented two problems...  I had to match color of a known-good bait...and I had to learn to do laminates at the same time.  I'm never one to back down from a challenge, so away I went.
Several different tries to get colors where I wanted happened in the form of "single shoot" then hold them together to compare.  I then did several tries at laminates using re-melts to "get it right".  It wasn't as difficult as I thought.

I set everything up and shot the first color, cut the spru and readied for the second.  I shot the second color a bit warmer to ensure proper bond and waited....

Here is the result of the effort.  Any feedback is appreciated.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Two-fer - color match + learning laminates
« Reply #1 on: 02/05/21 13:11 UTC »
Sure looks like watermelon. Speaking of, I am enjoying a watermelon Mt Dew right now.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline JustWil

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 02/05/21 13:25 UTC »
Thanks ctom, that means a lot...

I purposefully only salted the red/tomato side to impart a different presence and action on the bait, especially waky rigged.  The red side is HEAVILY salted to ensure similar sink rate.

That said, a 5gal bucket of sinking Dead-On awaits me when I finally get home today...  Perhaps my opaque salting days are over?

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 02/05/21 13:59 UTC »
They look delicious, Wil... gotta love those laminated worms!

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 02/05/21 16:03 UTC »
I've never used the GY bait you're duplicating, but the pictures of your baits are amazing. Good work!

Offline JustWil

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 02/05/21 17:34 UTC »
Folks I am genuinely appreciative of the kind words and feedback.
It make me think all that I have learned so far has been applied correctly thus far.

Though only an actual posting member here for a short time, I have read many of your posts, tutorials, watched your videos, and heeded advice.
Thank you ALL for continuing to share your knowledge with those of us starting out.