Author Topic: Pouring Spout Clogged????  (Read 3485 times)

Offline firetiger

• Kicker
Pouring Spout Clogged????
« on: 06/19/20 11:03 UTC »
I'm having problems pouring plastic out of the box.  I just started using the plastic not to long ago, so I don't know how or why the spout would be clogged.  I haven't ever had this problem.  Are there any remedies?

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Pouring Spout Clogged????
« Reply #1 on: 06/19/20 13:26 UTC »
You can call DO-IT and they may have a idea I used 2 2.5 gal boxes and had no trouble then went to 5 gal bucket.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/19/20 13:43 UTC »
I'll ask if you shook the box really well before you tried pouring. All plastics will settle out some and need to be re-mixed by shaking or stirring. The portion that settles in Do-It plastic is thick enough to clog the nozzle. Its a good idea to shake your plastic regardless of what container it comes in at least every week or two.

I get the 5 gallon pails and before I do anything with them I pop the cover off and drill a 1/2" hole smack in the center of the lid. I use a paint blender that has an 18" long stem that fits a 1/2" drill. The paddles of the mixer go in the plastic and the lid fitted back on and fastened down with the stem sticking straight up out of the hole. It stays there until I haven't got enough plastic in the pail to mess with it, but I give that pail a good three minutes of mix time a week. When I am thru mixing I cover the stem with a clean towel, then a large plastic garbage bag to keep dust and other stuff from getting in.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/19/20 19:11 UTC »
I had it happen once firetiger. I used a pipe cleaner. Tip the box into a position where the spout is facing up, so no plastisol can flow out. Open the valve while holding it up, and use the pipe cleaner to fish through the open valve. May take a little wiggling of the pipe cleaner to get it open. Finally close the valve and shake the plastisol very well. Now position the box back into pouring position and try the valve.
Good luck.

Offline firetiger

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 06/21/20 21:36 UTC »
Thanks for the replies.  I just got back from fishing over the weekend, so I'll give the pipe cleaner idea a try tomorrow.  It's a 2.5 gallon box and I always shake it really well before using.  I'll keep you posted.