Author Topic: Woo boo made it out again  (Read 1232 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Woo boo made it out again
« on: 10/02/21 15:06 UTC »
I have been pretty much staying at home for most of this gear due to family health issues.  But I did get out for a couple of hours today.  Really wanted to put my new ultra lights thru their paces.  What a fun time!  13 blue bills and 4 bass came to hand and what a hoot.  That 2 pound nanofil will flat sling a 1/32 oz jighead.  Champion of the day was the 2.25 inch small fry in Cajun chicken colors.  It took a pretty aggressive twitch on the retrieve to get them excited but once I got it dialed in it was game on.  Another thing I discovered was that the nanofil is so much more sensative
Than mono.  I was detecting multiple strikes that I simply could not feel on the mono at all.  All in all a great day
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
Re: Woo boo made it out again
« Reply #1 on: 10/02/21 16:40 UTC »
Way to go olsarge! I've never tried Nanofil, but have been interested in it. Now I'll have to give it a shot.
Glad you made it out. Good to hear success stories. Prayers going out for your family needs.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 10/02/21 17:20 UTC »
Guess I got some splainin  to do (thanks to auto correct).  Woo boo should be woo hoo.  Blue bills should be bluegills   .  And Cajun chicken should be Cajun cricket (I think that one was on me).  Regardless I had a good time and thanks for the sentiments Lines.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 10/02/21 18:03 UTC »
LOL....yeah, auto correct kills me as well. Never heard of cajun crickett though. Got a recipe?

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 10/02/21 18:34 UTC »
LOL....yeah, auto correct kills me as well. Never heard of cajun crickett though. Got a recipe?

Its just orange w/black flake over yellow w/black flake.  I use Flo orange cuz the flake tones it down and add a drop of x2 white to each so the colors don't absorb into each other.

Online efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 10/02/21 21:05 UTC »
Catching panfish on a jig is a hoot, I love feeling the hit when those little buggers can pop it... way more fun than watching a bobber!

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 10/03/21 09:37 UTC »
Glad you got out.