Author Topic: Holographic Foil Insert Process  (Read 505 times)

Offline Jake Hendrickson

• Yearling
Holographic Foil Insert Process
« on: 02/05/21 07:55 UTC »
Anyone who has played around with adding a holographic insert into your plastics willing to share where they found the foil?  All i have found so far is the hot stamping foil which doesn't have the holographic on both sides.

thanks!

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Re: Holographic Foil Insert Process
« Reply #1 on: 02/05/21 08:48 UTC »
Don't know if it is the same stuff or not but Lureworks carries some stuff called Glitter Film that is killer stuff.  You might check there.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 02/05/21 08:57 UTC »
Don't know if it is the same stuff or not but Lureworks carries some stuff called Glitter Film that is killer stuff.  You might check there.

It's the same thing.  Works great.

Offline Jake Hendrickson

• Yearling
« Reply #3 on: 02/05/21 09:01 UTC »

So is this hot stamp foil or is this design on both sides of the film?

Offline Cami

• Keeper
  • https://www.pinterest.it/MrCami/camis-lures/
« Reply #4 on: 02/05/21 13:37 UTC »
I like a lot to use mylar (polyester heat resistance) film inside my poured soft baits, but more funny is to place fin shaped pcs of mylar on the external side of soft baits, to do it I put a little bit of paper glue in stick over the fin and position it on each side of the mold, after that you can pour or inject. The result is a shining detail over the surface of soft bait.
I usually find mylar holographic foils in Fly Fishing Shops, as Flashabou Mirage of Hedron or ShellBack of Hends.
Another realistic system is the Myalr Net, sold as pipes, but please don't use it as a closed insert (ex. Berkley Soft Bait), because every time you place a hook with barb, then you nail the net pipe and every time you remove it: cut it for its length and position the net over the internal sides of the mold as above described, you will obtain a real fish skin texture.
Just my two cents.
Bye

Cami

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 02/05/21 14:01 UTC »
 I got mine from Lureworks. Works ok. It makes the bait stiffer.