Author Topic: Senkos !  (Read 947 times)

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Senkos !
« on: 03/01/21 15:52 UTC »
It was a senko kind of weekend !

Offline DF

• Lunker
Re: Senkos !
« Reply #1 on: 03/01/21 17:02 UTC »
 Nice work Lamar. How do you like to fish the 4'' senko? I still need to add the 4'' to my collection.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/01/21 17:21 UTC »
Nice work Lamar. How do you like to fish the 4'' senko? I still need to add the 4'' to my collection.

Pretty much fish it wacky rig. There is a time period here that the fish go from chasing a bait type lure to wanting a senko right before the spawn. Not sure why but if you don't switch to senkos you're going to lose. I normally will fish the black and blue flake if I fish a 4 inch one. If I'm on my home lake before spawn I fish the one on the upper left. I call it Bama Bug. It's money

Online Bass Boys

• Keeper
« Reply #3 on: 03/02/21 04:39 UTC »
The darker colors are my go to .
 I use the 4" and 5 "  also  both work great.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 03/02/21 06:20 UTC »
The darker colors are my go to .
 I use the 4" and 5 "  also  both work great.

Those are pretty much the only three colors I make. The ones in the upper left are my version of the Yum Dinger in a Bama Bug color. In my opinion most of the time will out fish the others. I don't know why but I've only ever made them in the 5 inch.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 03/02/21 06:45 UTC »
Love the colors. Maybe this will get me fired up to make a few. Great job.

Offline Skimpy253

• Kicker
  • Delano Fanony aka That Guy Skimpy
    • https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy
« Reply #6 on: 03/02/21 19:32 UTC »
Those look great.  I also fish the 5" and 4" ones.  My buddy likes to fish the 6" ones.  After a day in the boat with him and seeing what he was pulling, I think inwill get the 6" mold now also  lol
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 03/02/21 20:13 UTC »
I've gone away from the 5" in favor of 4" & 6"...  I primarily use the 4" on smallmouth and the 6" largemouth, but I also use the 4" as a finesse bait for largemouth when the bite is tough. 

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 03/03/21 07:22 UTC »
I've gone away from the 5" in favor of 4" & 6"...  I primarily use the 4" on smallmouth and the 6" largemouth, but I also use the 4" as a finesse bait for largemouth when the bite is tough.

When the fishing is tough we use that worm on the bottom with a #1 circle hook wacky style. Just that smaller skinny profile gets you a few extra bites. I like to drop shot it too for bedding fish. What we do is tie an oil ring instead of a hook on a drop shot and the night before the tournament pitch it in her bed so she picks it up and moves it out several times. Then the day of the tournament put a hook on and pitch it in there. She will almost always pick it to move it on the first cast.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/03/21 10:51 UTC »
When the fishing is tough we use that worm on the bottom with a #1 circle hook wacky style. Just that smaller skinny profile gets you a few extra bites. I like to drop shot it too for bedding fish. What we do is tie an oil ring instead of a hook on a drop shot and the night before the tournament pitch it in her bed so she picks it up and moves it out several times. Then the day of the tournament put a hook on and pitch it in there. She will almost always pick it to move it on the first cast.

Your hookless drop shot is an interesting technique to condition your fish.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 03/04/21 06:29 UTC »
Your hookless drop shot is an interesting technique to condition your fish.

I probably shouldn't have told that. But it does work.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 03/04/21 06:47 UTC »
My favorite technique for bedded bass is a shakey head craw... it's as sure of a catch as I've found.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 03/04/21 08:25 UTC »
My favorite technique for bedded bass is a shakey head craw... it's as sure of a catch as I've found.
Craw, small lizard or small bluegill style bait are bed killers

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 03/04/21 08:28 UTC »
How do you fish the bluegill style?

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 03/04/21 08:58 UTC »
How do you fish the bluegill style?

I understand the concept of gills being egg stealers, but I don't understand the fishing/rigging with this bait as to a nesting bass... I like the shakey craw because you can leave it sit and twitch every 15 seconds to a minute (or longer); are you leaving the gill in or near the nest for extended periods as well?