Author Topic: Minnesota Trout Opener  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Rex

• Kicker
Minnesota Trout Opener
« on: 01/12/19 17:31 UTC »
Little different year for me. Not living in the cities and the masses that invade the three lakes in the cities, I went to the mine pits looking for some trout.

MN DNR releases a ton of juvenile and some adult fish into a handful of lakes for a put and take fishery. It’s a really unique opportunity us flatlanders don’t get.

I set up initially in 24 feet of water, which is about 30 feet of shore. After an hour of nothing I moved up into 15 and found more action. They didn’t want much if any action. Just holding it still was made it bite which isn’t normal for me.

They are a riot to sight fish and in these lakes clarity exceeds 30 feet so you can see forever! They are fun but I sure miss the pull of a looper through the ice or a few native fish but 8 miles from home, these will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Re: Minnesota Trout Opener
« Reply #1 on: 01/12/19 17:54 UTC »
Thanks for sharing. I enjoy fishing for trout I guess I need to find time to get out and try to catch a few.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Lines

• Lunker
Re: Minnesota Trout Opener
« Reply #2 on: 01/12/19 18:02 UTC »
I enjoy trout fishing as well. Got to go to Southern Mo., twice this year. Also got to fish the Kings River in California twice while visiting my son and his family. Did very well at both locations. Way to go Rex!