Author Topic: Adding glitter to jigs  (Read 7258 times)

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
Re: Adding glitter to jigs
« Reply #15 on: 09/23/15 19:24 UTC »
At first I did my base color, then re-heated and dipped into a clear and glitter mix.  This one is New penny with an overcoat of clear/orange irridescent glitter

As I learned and asked folks on several different boards I learned how to mix so it took one dip

I've used glitter from JoAnnes, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and AC Moore.  Brands include Tulip, Creatix, NicoleCrafts.  I like the fine, extra and ultra fine glitters.

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 09/23/15 21:55 UTC »
Those look very nice. The glitter adds a custom look that you can't get any where else, plus it's something the fish haven't seen, either. I've tried the clear and glitter a few times but haven't been near as successful as this. Nice work.

Offline Dfiene1

• Kicker
« Reply #17 on: 09/24/15 11:02 UTC »
I've done the same by adding glitter to the clear and I have also added clear to the disco colors to tone it down a bit with great success.

Offline Edgecrusher

• Kicker
« Reply #18 on: 09/25/15 06:00 UTC »
I sprinkle glitter on after powder coating while it's still sticky, or mix it in with the colour depending on the size of glitter.
Then spray clear powdercoat and re cook it, this makes the glitter pop

Offline walleyetracker85

• Kicker
« Reply #19 on: 09/25/15 17:15 UTC »
Anybody here ever try Martha Stewart glitter? If so how did it work? It's kinda pricey but can get 40% off at michaels.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 09/25/15 18:41 UTC »
never tried her stuff - the stuff I really like is the NicoleCrafts ultra fine glitter.  I get it at AC Moore, a craft store here in Vermont.  They were supposed to fix their web site so you could order but they haven't finished it yet, so I just stop at the local store and they usually have 40% off coupons, and on the days that I can get the 40% and another 20% Veterans discount even less.

Offline eyedo

• Kicker
« Reply #21 on: 10/29/15 18:54 UTC »
I found creatology glitter at michaels . it comes in a 12 pk. Of glitter shakers about 1 oz . each. Looks to be .008 size some good colors. Gold silver blue red etc. Cost about 8 bucks. Very easy to use  I paint my jigs with one coat of cs  clear then shake the glitter on let dry then put on another coat of the clear. Let it dry overnite and ready to go. The gold on tear drop jigs has been the best color this fall for walleye and sm bass.

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 10/29/15 22:05 UTC »
Good tip guys!! You gotta love CS coatings!!!!! I think the jig dip is the most well kept sectret in bait making

Offline eyedo

• Kicker
« Reply #23 on: 10/29/15 22:58 UTC »
It is some good stuff  so far it seems to be pretty tough. And there's no heating needed. A tip I read from kdog was to fold a sheet of paper in half then unfold lay down and when you are thru putting glitter on your jigs just fold the paper back and tap the glitter back into the crease and pour back onto its container . it works good  the little glitter shakers are handy. Beats the heck out of cleaning a salt shaker every time you want to change colors.