Author Topic: Posted this idea 5 yrs. ago; figure it may come in handy for soft pl. anglers  (Read 2436 times)

Offline senkosam

• Keeper
deleted
« Last Edit: 12/10/23 10:17 UTC by senkosam »

Offline ctom

• Lunker
"Most soft plastic lures tear regardless the keeper design"....

The cast on barbs may be hard on some smaller bait profiles but the keeper wire has gone a great way in eliminating that. On very small profiled baits the keeper wire's barb can be clipped down to be friendly with most any bait and still do a very effective job of holding the soft plastic. I fish 1" Gulp minnow baits and another thin minnow bait on heads with the clipped keeper barb without any slippage after a couple hours of casting and catching without anything on the outside of the plastic to mess with..
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
I have used a design similar to your chunk holder for plastic trailers on weedless spoons.  I loop the wire over the hook and twist it a half dozen times (like a bread bag twist-tie) and bend a little hook on each end of the wire (at slightly different lengths), then just push it into the trailer and you can fish all day without it coming off... (of course, if ol' razor mouth chomps on it, that becomes a different story).