Author Topic: Victory panfish hooks  (Read 991 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Victory panfish hooks
« on: 08/03/21 13:39 UTC »
I've been casting some of the Victory jig hooks in panfish sizes and can say I am properly impressed with them. I have not had them in the water yet but just working with them has given me a ton of respect for them....they are sharper than any hook I've worked with to this point. I have more than a couple pokes with blood to prove it. Hook to hook consistency seems to be excellent too and that black chrome finish is super....seems much slicker, or, shinier. The leg with the tie eye is slightly longer than comparable hooks which is nice so the line doesn't get crowded at the knot/head and makes a nice size to grip with a forceps for paint-free eyes while painting. The hooks are a winner in my eyes so far. Now for some water/fish time.

Seen here in 1/24 ounce, the size 6 standard hook is on the left with #4 sickles in the heads on the right.

These are painted with my home-spun deep purple powder paint with an abundance of .004 blue micro glitter and just a smidge of Delta [purple to blue to red] color shift pigment. Both the purple and blue are easy to see here. The purple powder comes from Prismatic Powders and is cut 50-50 with clear gloss from the same vendor. Love that shine!
« Last Edit: 08/03/21 13:42 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Victory panfish hooks
« Reply #1 on: 08/03/21 15:30 UTC »
Have you tried the new magic craw purple or blue? Wondering about that new purple smoke also!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 08/03/21 16:01 UTC »
I have the blue and purple magic colors but have yet to use any on larger heads as they're all painted already. The two colors are in the mix though. That new chartreuse and the purple smoke are on my list to get now. I want to try them on those tiny all metal vibe lure blanks I have.

For the powder paint aficionados, take a peek at  www.prismaticpowders.com. 6500 colors
« Last Edit: 08/03/21 16:28 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 08/04/21 17:04 UTC »
Sure like that hook style once they they hit it they don’t come of.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN