Author Topic: Interesting read  (Read 475 times)

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Interesting read
« on: 05/06/22 14:30 UTC »
Here's an interesting read on walleyes and what they can see in movement and color.

https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/what-walleyes-see/369966?fbclid=IwAR3gwnOsvKUOmY_Sj33eenCl2QiR7T2Ngau8t7fCvkUC8cASfupu0oQA5yM

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
Re: Interesting read
« Reply #1 on: 05/06/22 18:14 UTC »
Are you trying to up your game for Canada, or just reading passively?

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/07/22 07:44 UTC »
Are you trying to up your game for Canada, or just reading passively?

I just thought it was interesting. I see so many guys changing the colors of their baits all day long. I've always felt it didn't mean that much and this kind of proves that. Sure a more natural color in clear water and darker color in stained. And now ( if you watch bass fishing ) with the MLF and Bassmasters you can watch the pros fishing live. They can't hind anything. They might have ten anglers catching fish ten different ways on ten different colors. So this confirms my idea to me that color is in Fishermans heads and the fish really don't care.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/07/22 12:31 UTC »
My dad was to walleyes what tom is to crappies, and 90 plus percent of the time he was using a green bucktail because he believed perch were a walleye fave... and according to the article, the red-orange-green sweet spot basically confirms that.     

I also concur on color effectiveness being based on generalities, but it sure is fun to make the multitude of eye candy.

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/07/22 23:12 UTC »
Interesting & that also explains why the red, orange, green & yellow  rapala sliver a buddys throws sometimes while striper fishiing at night works so good on walleye.