Author Topic: Plastic 101  (Read 66802 times)

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Re: Plastic 101
« Reply #30 on: 10/18/17 05:15 UTC »
IMO shooting plastic in the house isn't a good idea. When I was first getting started I thought I would set up in the basement or my garage. I ended choosing the garage. It's a little inconvenient but knowing what I know now no way would I set in the house.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #31 on: 10/18/17 06:44 UTC »
Same here 2XL. I ended up in the garage. The plastic smell seems to be more at home there. I built a new work station in the garage, and with the exception of being cold in the winter, it works very well.

Offline CNickerson78

• Kicker
« Reply #32 on: 10/18/17 12:46 UTC »
I can do it on my porch during the spring and summer. But what do I do durning the winter lots to think about

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #33 on: 10/18/17 13:38 UTC »
I feel your pain we are having to do our plastics on the back patio. The house we are living in now has no garage. It’s not  a huge problem since I plan on buying another home of my own after the first of the year. My only worry is I have a short fence and a nosey neighbor that works as a security guard who thinks he is the neighborhood secret service. I worry he will see me and kid outside with respirators on and call the real cops and say we are cooking meth but so far it hasn’t happened and I guess oh well if they do I’m in the clear with nothing to hide.

Also hauling the microwave in and out sucks
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline CNickerson78

• Kicker
« Reply #34 on: 10/18/17 13:45 UTC »
I'm not worried about hauling the microwave in and out. Just worried about winter time making them in the house won't know till I try I guess

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #35 on: 10/18/17 13:55 UTC »
I’m not going to be the plastic police. But will tell you it will smoke up your house and make it smell. And drop a jar of flak and see what the old lady says.  Or spill hot plastic on the good counter tops.   It’s an out of the house kinda gig if you ask me.  But. I’m sure with a big fan and window you could make it work. 

Offline CNickerson78

• Kicker
« Reply #36 on: 10/18/17 14:40 UTC »
I appreciate the tips and info. I have folding tables so the counters are safe. Just need a new microwave. My wife is pretty easy going and understanding I'll try it once and see what happens

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #37 on: 10/18/17 15:57 UTC »
I know me very well, so I understood going in I was going to be bitten by the bug.  As a consolation prize for my wife, I volunteered to take the family microwave out into the garage for use with my plastics with a promise to replace it with a much better brand new jobbie with all the bells and whistles.  I am now happily rolling around in plastics/molds and the wife has a gleaming brand new do everything micro.  Win win.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Bamafan2277

• Yearling
« Reply #38 on: 10/18/17 16:25 UTC »
I turned a spare bedroom into my shop. I put down a canvas cloth on the floor and use folding tables. My microwave and pour spot and the place I put my lead pot are right in front of a large window with a box fan pulling air out. I have a fan at my back and a fan in the front of the house pulling fresh air in. The only smell I notice in the room is from my scent oils.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #39 on: 10/19/17 06:18 UTC »
I feel your pain we are having to do our plastics on the back patio. The house we are living in now has no garage. It’s not  a huge problem since I plan on buying another home of my own after the first of the year. My only worry is I have a short fence and a nosey neighbor that works as a security guard who thinks he is the neighborhood secret service. I worry he will see me and kid outside with respirators on and call the real cops and say we are cooking meth but so far it hasn’t happened and I guess oh well if they do I’m in the clear with nothing to hide.

Also hauling the microwave in and out sucks
LOL on the nosey neighbor, I'd do it every day until he did call the police.

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #40 on: 10/19/17 06:24 UTC »
LOL on the nosey neighbor, I'd do it every day until he did call the police.

Lol I'm with lines.  Let them call the police.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #41 on: 10/19/17 11:24 UTC »
It wouldn’t bother me I’d think it was funny if he did he is the one that would look stupid when it was all said and done.
Heck maybe we get a cop that fishes and we sell a few lures also there is a female cop that works our part of town in the evenings that I’m sure my teenage boys would mind coming by the house for some lure education.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #42 on: 10/19/17 20:11 UTC »
I'm waiting for a cop to pull into my driveway some day. I can't believe nobody in hood hasn't called the cops on me yet after seeing me walk in and out of my garage with my respirator on. Hahahaha

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #43 on: 10/19/17 22:34 UTC »
Wonder what it would be like to have the cops show up now that I don’t have to hide my beer from them?

Offline Doubletroublebaits

• Minnow
« Reply #44 on: 05/15/18 12:53 UTC »
Does worm oil keep the bait from sticking to the mold? When can it be put in?