Author Topic: Skirts for Musky Spinnerbait  (Read 10231 times)

Offline Jeff Little

• Keeper
Skirts for Musky Spinnerbait
« on: 01/15/13 22:39 UTC »
I've ordered a mold that will allow me to make a 2.5 oz spinnerbait appropriate for musky.  I plan on dremeling out the wire slot to make room for two wires, so I can turn it into a twin spin design.  I ordered some of the paddle tail skirts to add some bulk and wobble.  Does anyone know of a good source of full length musky skirts like the ones you see on the double cowgirls?  I can heap on the flashabou and maybe some round rubber and other skirt material myself, tying it on there, but would rather go with a cleaner look that how I know that mess will turn out.

Offline RLarson

• Yearling
Re: Skirts for Musky Spinnerbait
« Reply #1 on: 01/18/13 14:58 UTC »
lure parts online has skirts

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #2 on: 01/18/13 22:33 UTC »
Jeff, if you haven't found these guys already they have everything "Musky" and I'm sure aren't the only source fot that stuff but they have a pretty good rep.

http://www.muskyshop.com/modules/cart/navigate.php/nav_id/85

Jerry
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/19/13 07:32 UTC »
  This is the place where I buy my skirts. I always tie mine on, I think they hold better. But you can buy it either way here.   http://fishingskirts.com

Offline Jeff Little

• Keeper
« Reply #4 on: 01/21/13 22:47 UTC »
Thanks guys.  I will check out those links.  I tie mine on too.  The usual bass skirt layers seem too limp to give a full profile.  I tried out my musky twin spin this weekend and was happy with it.  I did lose one of the big blades, showing a need for a more durable link to a size 8 Indiana blade.  No follows or bites, but I have faith that it will work.

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 07/12/13 11:38 UTC »
Dick Moore of mooreslures.com is the holy grail for musky lure parts.  And Dick is one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys on Musky lures that you will ever find. 

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 07/17/13 08:19 UTC »
Do-It has everything one needs to build his own skirts. Why not spin your own?
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 08/31/13 20:45 UTC »
These are 100% Do-It. The lure body, the wires, the hooks, the beads, the tinsel.....everything. Easy to get, easier to work with.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast