Author Topic: Invitation to "Guests"  (Read 68942 times)

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
Invitation to "Guests"
« on: 08/22/13 14:52 UTC »
At any given time, day or night, we have between 40 - 60  80 - 100 forum members on line.  During that same time we have between 200 - 400 300 - 500 "guests" visiting our forum.  I'd like to offer an invitation to all of our guests to join and become a member of the forum. 

Membership has many benefits:

1.  You will have the ability to communicate directly with other forum members about those things in which we share a passion.  Instead of being on the outside looking in, you become part of a group that will soon become your friends.  You will have the ability to share your thoughts or ask your specific questions.

2.  The forum is made up of over 700 members from all over the fishing and bait making world.  We have everyone covered from the weekend angler sitting on the bank to the BASS Elite pro, to the outdoor writers and bloggers, to the guy who can't spell gud, from the salt water guys to the high mountain trout fly anglers to the valley lake boat people.  Regardless of what we fish for, we all have the passion to catch a fish on something we made. 

3.  Our video library is extensive and covers everything from safety, to making spinnerbaits, to pouring hot lead and plastics, to how to catch stripers from a kayak.  Although the forum is owned by the Do-It Corporation, it contains product reviews...what works and what doesn't...even if it slams Do-It.  We are patriotic, we mourn together for our losses and we lift up those in need.  Like any other family we bicker on occasion, but we make up quickly and are usually the better for it. 

4.  For you younger guys, forum membership is essential because it allows you to pick the brains of those who have been there.  For us older guys we have the pleasure of sharing a lifetime of knowledge with those just starting out.  It just makes you feel good about yourself.

5.  Every now and then Do-It offers forum members discounts and other incentives on products.

I could go on about the benefits, but won't.  You already get the picture.  The only thing missing from the forum is you.  It's easy to register, just a couple non-invasive questions and you're in.  I look forward to meeting you.
« Last Edit: 12/30/14 18:08 UTC by Jerry V »
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
Re: Invitation to "Guests"
« Reply #1 on: 08/22/13 15:05 UTC »
Very well said Mr. Denny...  I do hope some of the guests will accept your invitation.  There's really no reason why they shouldn't feel like they can't come on in and join the fray.  There's a bunch of cool things going on here and being a member does bring with it a few benefits as well.

Thank you,

Jerry
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline Shane70

• Kicker
    • Shane's Hobby Shop
« Reply #2 on: 08/22/13 17:42 UTC »
I've joined. Not too long ago. I already have made a bunch of friends in here and learned a lot from others in here as well. Plus, Not to mention my Last order I saved $25 because I'm a member of this forum. And lets not forget, the Molds are made from Aluminum and they last forever, When someone gets tired of their mold, they will sell it cheaper than a new one, Great deal. When you get tired of yours, Sell it here. It will sell pretty fast.

So, To All new Newbies and future Newbies... Welcome.... What took you so long?

Shane

Offline jasonh

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 12/02/13 12:53 UTC »
Well I just joined yesterday after finding your site yesterday......amazing info on here learned quite a bit already.....I am just starting out havent bought anything just yet but probably gonna start here this month.....

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 12/02/13 13:34 UTC »
Denny. I can't spell gud.  !!!!

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #5 on: 12/02/13 13:48 UTC »
Welcome to the forum, Jason.  It's good having you here.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Blackhawk19

• Kicker
« Reply #6 on: 12/02/13 14:22 UTC »
I've enjoyed my short time here and am very thankful that everyone is so helpful!!
Proud Member Of The Southeast Asia War Games Team 67/68
If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter - and unsafe.

Offline Yves

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 12/23/13 19:44 UTC »
Hallo all
i am from belgium ,my englisch isnt great , but do my best

nice to meet you  :P

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #8 on: 12/23/13 20:01 UTC »
Welcome Yves, we're very glad to have you here.  I believe that you will find this to be a very helpful and considerate bunch.  Please don't be afraid to ask questions., and let me know if I can help you.

Jerry
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 12/23/13 20:56 UTC »
Welcome to the forum, Yves.  Don't worry about your English skills.  Many of the US folks have English skill issues.  Being as it is the Christmas season, I won't name names  ;D.   

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #10 on: 12/23/13 21:11 UTC »
Hey Yves,

Welcome to the forum.  It's good having you here.  You, I think, are one of the very few members we have from Europe.  We've got Australia, Africa, Asia, North America, Canada and Mississippi covered.  I'm looking forward to learning more about Belgium.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 12/24/13 06:30 UTC »
Yves, Welcome, We will all be interested in the baits you use and the fishing in Belgium. In return we will help you with any questions you have on making baits. All the do-it molds; lead and plastic making; are top class! Welcome again,

Offline t-billy

• Kicker
« Reply #12 on: 12/30/13 00:20 UTC »
 Great thread, Denny. Thanks for starting it. Welcome to all our new members. Come on in, and make yourselves at home. No need to be shy. You won't find a better group of folks anywhere on the net. It's very much a family atmosphere around here.------Tim.
A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Offline Eep3501

• Keeper
« Reply #13 on: 01/08/14 20:06 UTC »
Thank you one and all. Been toying with the idea of getting started in soft plastic's, but a few things have gotten in the way. As soon as I can get back on my feet, litterally, I will be placing an order and getting started. I just got through round 1 of a kidney operation to remove a tumor and am having a few complications, but recovery is happening, how ever slow. Rest assured I will be picking your all's mind in the mean time. Already have a pretty good cookbook going from your all's posts their. once again thanks for the welcome....

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #14 on: 01/08/14 20:36 UTC »
Welcome Eep, it's nice having you here.  Sorry to hear of the health issues and hope you get better soon.  Some of us are getting long in the tooth and complain every now and again.  The only one of us that really looks old is Tom.

Stay tuned in when you can and don't be afraid to seek help or ask questions.

Again, welcome.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com