Author Topic: The Crappie Fluke  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
Re: The Delta Crappie Fluke
« Reply #15 on: 04/23/20 08:32 UTC »
Add the venting as shown if you're having issues. With the technique I use with the Thump-It and some other molds I need them to breathe, hence the additional venting or modified venting. There's not a thing wrong with the molds as they come to you but when a person asks the mold to do more than they were meant to do he'll have to do things that allow his qwirks.

I couldn’t get mine to shoot either. Dented like crazy. I opened up the gate on mine and it shoots fine now.  I wasn’t asking anything extra of it. One color, normal stuff.

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 04/23/20 09:38 UTC »
Exactly Apdriver I wasn't asking for anything additional myself just a regular color shot bait and I had nothing but trouble with it so I gave up on it unfortunately.  I  never contacted Do-It because I don't want them to think all I do is complain which isn't the case but anyhow  what way did you open gates? Like ctom did? $69 is a nice chunk to be out on something you can't use.   I am not expert pouring type of person but I've gotten pretty decent and I must have tried a thousand times seriously with the thumper.

Offline Do-it Rep

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 04/23/20 11:50 UTC »
As always, with any of our products,  our customer's satisfaction is of top priority.  We are always happy to have a conversation and if something isn't right, we want to know about it. I invite you to reach out to our customer support team who will be happy to assist you at 319-984-6055 or by email at customerservice@do-itmolds.com.  Please don't hesitate to call/email with any questions or concerns you have anytime.  We appreciate your business.

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 04/23/20 13:51 UTC »
I appreciate it Kyle and honest to God I hate to say anything but I just cannot get any use out of it I've done everything  from shooting really slow to various temperatures I've tried different pressure  everything you can think about.  Lol my wrist is even hurting from carpal tunnel from yesterday messing with it so much.  I will always do business with you guys and your customer service is really great you all have been very good to me.

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 04/23/20 14:45 UTC »
The gate is the narrow restriction just before the cavity of the bait. This narrow restriction allows you to tear the bait off the sprue. It also is a point of constriction that closes off first as the plastisol cools and hardens and keeps the bait from drawing more plastic from the sprue as it cools causing the bait to collapse or dent. I used a Dremel and a small tapered stone to slightly open these gates on both sides. It doesn’t take much. You can even remove a bit of material, shoot it and see, remove a few thou more, rinse wash repeat........