Author Topic: Go-To's for Walleye, Pike, Lake Trout?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Minnow
Go-To's for Walleye, Pike, Lake Trout?
« on: 04/25/20 14:49 UTC »
What are your go to molds for Walleyes, Northern Pike and Lake Trout?

I am thinking (in no particular order), grubs, swimbaits, jerk baits, and tube jigs.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Go-To's for Walleye, Pike, Lake Trout?
« Reply #1 on: 04/25/20 15:36 UTC »
3.5” swim shad ,4.5” ring it, 2.75”-4” fat fork, 4” flippin zip, 4” tube 3”and up for ripper.
« Last Edit: 04/25/20 17:43 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/25/20 16:13 UTC »
If you're jigging the trout, that 4" Ripper and 4" tubes would be good in a pearl white.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline senkosam

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 05/13/20 08:40 UTC »
What are your go to molds for Walleyes, Northern Pike and Lake Trout?

I am thinking (in no particular order), grubs, swimbaits, jerk baits, and tube jigs.

All of them. Color optional.

I ask myself - what size range, lure speeds and actions might get the most strikes. Sometimes subtle action/slow speed does it on hard days; at other times subtle and big action lures get it done but at greater speed retrieves. Depends on fish irritability, time, place, recent weather (cold vs warm fronts and stability). Whether fish strike because they want to eat a lure is nothing I consider, but everything else regarding lure technicals.

But one superstition I believe: find lures that work and always keep those lures on hand no matter the time of year.

Offline Canga~

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 05/16/20 05:18 UTC »
I only fish walleyes of those options, but I use swimbaits (2.5-4”) grubs (2.5-4”), senko (3”), tubes and flukes occasionally.

The doit ripper is a good bait, as is the k-chub grub. Fat guys fishing makes some awesome swimbait molds( 3 and 3.5” slim rip are amazing) and I think a couple grub molds too, I believe they added a shoot and cut tube recently too. Angling Ai hammer (in 2.75 and 3.75”) is a KILLER swimbait, tons of action and easy to shoot 4 laminates at a time. They also make some great shoot and cut tube molds (and a tail cutter).