Author Topic: WTB! Anyone pouring 7" Fat Senko Style Baits?  (Read 4980 times)

Offline bigjim5589

• Kicker
  • J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC
Re: WTB! Anyone pouring 7" Fat Senko Style Baits?
« Reply #15 on: 02/12/21 22:13 UTC »
I did some drag racing, drank a bit too much at times, before we started having kids, and before I started driving a truck for a living.

Never messed with the drugs, certainly spent too much chasing the girls, before I got married, including my wife, and was never a gambler.

I used to work in road construction, 30-40 years ago, and we drank a lot of beer. We worked in some winters, at the horse racing tracks in MD, clearing snow and running machines to keep the track from freezing. When it wasn't cold enough to freeze, we still had to be there, in case the temps did drop, and while we waited we played cards and drank beer. Most of that was just nickels & dimes.

My wife likes the slot machines and we would go play them in DE sometimes, spend several hours there, have dinner then go home, but that was the extent of most of the gambling we did. We also went to Atlantic City a few times for weekends, but not big on gambling. One weekend we went and spent most of the time in the hotel bowling alley as we bowled in leagues back then.

Unfortunately, I've known too many people who ruined their lives and those around them with drugs and/or alcohol, and a few who did that with their gambling.

I got away from the racing after I got married and kids started coming. That changes your priorities and spending habits.

Yes, this tackle making can be an addiction, but in a good ways ,as it can help keep you away from the bad ones.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 02/13/21 06:12 UTC »
Sounds sort of like my life bigjim. Had fun, had kids, priorties changed, now have bait making habits. Life is funny. Mine has been a good one.

Offline bigjim5589

• Kicker
  • J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC
« Reply #17 on: 02/13/21 21:56 UTC »
The life we live is always about the choices we make. I can't say all I've made were good choices, but none of them killed me.

We have had our share of high's and lows, that's for sure, but have been very blessed, and the Lord continues to Bless us everyday!  ;D

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 02/13/21 22:17 UTC »
The life we live is always about the choices we make. I can't say all I've made were good choices, but none of them killed me.

We have had our share of high's and lows, that's for sure, but have been very blessed, and the Lord continues to Bless us everyday!  ;D
Same here! Thank the Lord!

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 02/14/21 06:37 UTC »
The nicest thing about making tackle is that you get to do it at home!

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 02/14/21 06:50 UTC »
  I bought my last mold 30 some molds ago.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 02/14/21 07:24 UTC »
  I bought my last mold 30 some molds ago.
Heard that! :D

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 02/15/21 07:52 UTC »
  It's like me saying this is my last cast.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 02/15/21 09:47 UTC »
  It's like me saying this is my last cast.

My friends and I have a few caveats to our 'last cast' where we a weed/snag/fouled hook causes a reset for that cast, a missed bite gives three bonus casts, and a fish to the boat gives ten bonus casts... on some occasions we have last casted for hours... (dang fish)!