Author Topic: Pro Tec Disco paints and other paints with glitter effect in fluid beds?  (Read 2449 times)

Offline NAC89

• Minnow
Hey all, curious as to whether you have much luck with the disco paints and certain other Pro Tec paints that have glitter effect in fluid beds. I’ve been trying and not having much luck especially with the disco. I just tried copperhead and watermelon flake in the fluid bed and I’m basically getting just the color and none of the glitter, when I dip in the cup it comes in I get a good bit of the glitter. So far the only good results in the fluid bed are the black/blue flake and the June bug colors. Just wondering what some others results have been.

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
I haven’t had any luck with the glitter in my fluid bed. One thing I do is use a vibrator to help fluidize. The glitter is a heavy particle and tends to sink. Tried a half dozen times and gave up. Came up with something else that works better for me. I guess that’s what’s so nice about tacklecrafting. Find what works for you.

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
I use a paper bowl for glitter colors. Dump the paint into the bowl and then swish your jig head through it quickly. Another good option is larger jars like the 4oz jar Lure Parts Online use to sell their brand of powder paint in. Like most I tried the fluid bed and found that the glitter doesn't suspend, the same thing happens to me for vein colors.

Offline Bucho

• Keeper
I use only fine mica in my fluid bed base color mixes and apply the heavy glitter mixes like PT water melon with brush tap on top.

Offline NAC89

• Minnow
Following some tips I got these results. Completely satisfied with it. Just turned the air up enough to aerate the powder enough to rise in the fluid bed with little to no movement and gave it a good stir with a spinner bait wire before dipping. Will do some more experimenting with the other paints I have. These 2 are disco silver and lime.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
Looks pretty good from my angle NAC89!

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
I was wondering also how these disco powders work in fluid beds.  Those look good though naca I might get some myself.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Great spinnerbait’s really like the colors that they have.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
where did you get the disco silver?

Offline NAC89

• Minnow
Smalljaw I got all my disco colors from TJ’s tackle.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Smalljaw tj’s chrome powder paint is awesome also. If you drop a jig it go’s straight to the bottom of the jar it’s that fine.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
I also use the brush tap method for adding the glitter.
It's just simpler and easier for me.
Besides this way I can add any glitter to any color paint without having to have glitter permanently in that paint if I don't want/need a bunch of it.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk