Author Topic: Rippers and Partycrasher  (Read 2021 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Rippers and Partycrasher
« on: 03/30/20 09:20 UTC »
These 2 1/2" and 3" Rippers were done as samples for a fella who originally asked about smaller crappies baits. Somehow the conversation went to smallies and these transpired from that conversation.

They're just clear plastic stuffed with Partycrasher string glitter then infused well with Do-It's uv enhancement powder.

Since I made quite a few of the 1.5" Thump-Its for this gentleman I made up these as a sample for smallies and when I checked them this morning in shaded sunlight they were full of color from the glitter, largely because they're full of the glitter. By full I mean like a heaping teaspoon in a 6 ounce batch of clear plastic. In the sun the UV enhancer kicks in and the same show of baits in full sun are a nifty thin transparent blue that almost seems to glow with the glitter flashing thru it. Even a blind bass should be able to see these.

The Thump-Its in the 1.5" have chartreuse tails which makes for a super crappie bait right about now. I also made 2 1/2" and 3 1/2" Thump -Its as samples in the Partycrasher, but with all the ridges and rings for reflection these Ringers just stole the show.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Rippers and Partycrasher
« Reply #1 on: 03/30/20 09:31 UTC »
Here's the Partycrasher in the raw. It changes colors so fast that its really a tough one to capture in  a picture.

If you look at the picture at about 1 oclock you can see how just the slightest movement will set this stuff off. In baits its the same way which makes it a super good glitter color for mid-day fishing when the sun is highest.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/30/20 12:28 UTC »
Do-it doesn't have string glitter. Just wondering where you buy it from?

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/30/20 12:44 UTC »
Here's the link to the source Gary. There are others on the same page as this on the source's site. Didspade.com, then glitters, then shreds.

https://didspade.com/collections/flake-shredz%C2%AE/products/party-crasher-shredz%C2%AE

I get the large jars of it since I use so much of it. I need to order more soon too.

This string glitter is really fine, moreso than the strings sold for plastics making.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 03/30/20 23:13 UTC »
That’s some sweet string glitter there TOM .
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 03/30/20 23:26 UTC »
Wow  those are absolutely awesome.  I am thinking about trying some of that glitter also.

Offline Canga~

• Kicker
« Reply #6 on: 03/31/20 00:39 UTC »
Looks like silver holographic string glitter you can get from any of the major bait making suppliers.

Works great in clear plastic as the bottom of a laminate with any number of colors on top .

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 03/31/20 08:22 UTC »
Looks great.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 03/31/20 11:43 UTC »
Looks like silver holographic string glitter you can get from any of the major bait making suppliers.

Works great in clear plastic as the bottom of a laminate with any number of colors on top .

I have silver holo and its no where near the same.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/31/20 19:17 UTC »
Nice as always Tom.

Offline Canga~

• Kicker
« Reply #10 on: 04/01/20 20:52 UTC »
I have silver holo and its no where near the same.

Interesting, can you take a pic of the silver holo next to this stuff? Looks similar to me but could just be the pic playing tricks!

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 04/01/20 21:00 UTC »
Let me dig in the closet and find the silver holo in both the flake and string. The silver and gold holos have been stuffed away as I simply don't care for them in plastic. Partycrasher? Oh yes.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they