Author Topic: Right around the corner  (Read 3993 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Right around the corner
« on: 09/13/19 16:30 UTC »
It needs to drop another 30 degrees for the fall crappie to start binging but what the hell.  Its my birthday.  Wife said she is feeling well.  So fishing I went.  Grabbed a bag of 2.5 inch Thump grubs (I have really good luck with this bait in the fall) and off I go.  I went to a local lake known for its huge fall crappie but nothing on that front.  So I start fishing shallower and got bit on nearly every cast ( lots of short strikers though).  Still, wound up with 14 bluegills, all could have been kept If I had wanted but released them in exchange for good karma.  2 small largemouths also wanted to play.  Good therapy.  Color did not seem to matter a bit.  My favorite color is kind of a light emerald green (achieved by adding lime green flake to pearl powder) body with a orange black pepper tail, and it was whacked repeatedly.  I started changing colors and found out that everything was whacked repeatedly.  Lots of fun
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
Re: Right around the corner
« Reply #1 on: 09/13/19 16:37 UTC »
Glad someone is able to get out. I’m seriously considering trying to get out this weekend. Just need to find the ambition.

Happy Birthday to ya!

Offline BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
  • ...the Nut behind the Bolt...
    • https://rumble.com/v10miez-world-premiere-watch-the-water.html
« Reply #2 on: 09/13/19 17:39 UTC »
Happy Birthday, Ol' Sarge 👊

Although we and the fish all appreciate Your Conservation Efforts, I personally would love to see some Gourmet Home-Cooked Panfish Medallions alongside some Red Potatoes and maybe some Cucumbers and Tomatoes on de side, so we can envy your efforts.

You'll get another shot at dem Sacalait 👊😁
.El Gnaw.

"Drizzle Spoon ROCKS!"  Jerry V
"Wash Your Hands"  BKJ
".DOMINATE."  BKJ

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premier-died-suddenly.html 👈😎

https://youtube.com/shorts/-I9g2VLfJAk?feature=share 👈😁🇺🇸🇺🇸

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 09/13/19 23:01 UTC »
Happy birthday glade you were able to get out and have some fun
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 09/14/19 06:57 UTC »
Happy Birthday. I can't think of a better way to spend one. Congrats on getting out to play.

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 09/14/19 09:51 UTC »
Happy Birthday! Sounds fun. I might try the same lure this afternoon.
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"