Author Topic: SBE Fry  (Read 2822 times)

Offline RonDon

• Kicker
SBE Fry
« on: 09/28/12 18:31 UTC »
Heres some Simple But Effective nano's that Ive been making alongside other baits.  All of these glow of course! I thought that i would give Mr Paul more nanos to look at.  I left out the red/chart one that will be a BG killer around here.  THese things are tiny... cant even tell the plunger moves with my Large injector!

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
Re: SBE Fry
« Reply #1 on: 09/28/12 21:32 UTC »
You are not helping my willpower at all RonDon.  Neat looking little baits.  Working with the tails must require some dexterity.

Offline CrabbyBass

• Lunker
    • Crabby Bass Lures
« Reply #2 on: 09/28/12 22:58 UTC »
You are not helping my willpower at all RonDon.  Neat looking little baits.  Working with the tails must require some dexterity.

Agreed.  I know what I am ordering next.  Looks like the heads are dipped in the different colors.  Great job nonetheless!!!

Offline mrex

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 09/29/12 06:49 UTC »
Great colors. Have not ordered the red glow yet.

Poured Sand eels with purple glow bodys and green glow tails (LSU GLOW) yesterday. May try a Green and Purple Laminate next. Do not know if they will catch fish yet, raining this weekend hopefully will go during the week next week and try them out.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 09/29/12 06:59 UTC »
Are myou guys putting eyes on your nano's or not? Does it make a difference in your catch rate? They look nice with eyes, but it is another expense that may not be necessary.

Offline ghostbaits

• Lunker
    • Home of Ghost Baits: Hand poured and Hand injected soft plastics
« Reply #5 on: 09/29/12 12:54 UTC »
Eyes look good but are a pain to get onto the baits. My guess, eyes don't affect catch rate. Don't yet know though.

For ones I sell, eyes are going on. Ones that I use, no eyes.

Jim

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 09/29/12 13:51 UTC »
On this small bait I think a contrasting eye will make a difference.
Based on a slow, vertically fished method.  Also; during the early fry season in the spring.  Based on my experience; the colder the water or the more turned off the bite, the more an eye helps.   Color choice becomes more important as well.
This is for Bream and Crappie fishing in winter and early spring here.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 10/06/12 17:31 UTC »
I had a chance to slip out for a while today again and I fished nanos with eyes and others of identical color without eyes and did not notice any reflection on the catch rate.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast