Author Topic: Another dandy  (Read 3421 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Another dandy
« on: 04/14/15 08:15 UTC »
This morning was absolutely nuts for fish. I got to the lake at 6:35 on the dot. Between then and 7 bells I caught 33 crappies, 9 of which followed me home for an oil bath. The smallest fish today as just as long as my hand spread is wide at just over 9 1/2". The light smoke firecracker with a chartreuse tail, 1 1/2" Thump-It got the honors today. I had it on when I started and never needed to change things up.

Air temps were right around 30 degrees this morning early on but no wind. With three consecutive days with highs in the 60"s the water finally broke into the 50 degree range and that has made all the difference in the world in the bite.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Another dandy
« Reply #1 on: 04/14/15 15:46 UTC »
You had a fun day. The water by me is still coming up they are 21400 cfs Today. It has been in the mid 60's so far this week.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/14/15 15:50 UTC »
Back at it tomorrow again. Gotta love the nice weather right now and the fish biting well. I need to miss a day of fishing just to get re-stocked on vital 1.5" paddletail colors. I need to paint more jigs too. Its just so hard to deny a willing crappie though....
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/14/15 16:46 UTC »
Your plastics are amazing but you shouldn't let your jig painting get behind!! :PLOL

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/14/15 21:03 UTC »
Can't beat that! I love given dem crappie oil baths

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 04/15/15 12:38 UTC »
A buddy and I went for a boat ride this morning and hit the same general area as where this dock is found and we caught the heck out of crappies. Same colors, same depth. I did get a nice smallmouth this morning. 3 pounds maybe. Fun fish.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they