Author Topic: Electric sunfish  (Read 1006 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Electric sunfish
« on: 10/18/22 15:28 UTC »
I”be shown these little jogging blades here before. They are between 1/16 and 3/32 ounce in weight and as can be seen with the dime for reference they are not big. These are done in a sunfish pattern without any base color so the highly polished shine come thru the paint and gives the a nice”electric” look to them. They’ll be headed to crappie water in the morning.

Last spring they tore crappies up that were relating to vertical structure up. Right now the crappies are back on the same structure and love to munch on young of the year sunfish so hopefully these will fool a few silver sides.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Electric sunfish
« Reply #1 on: 10/19/22 06:52 UTC »
You ever fish those under a slip bobber?

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 10/19/22 10:07 UTC »
I have not Gary. I have two identical 6' ultralights I built a bunch of years ago and have 750 series Saharas on them, both spooled with Clam Frost #3 line. The rods are rated 1/64 to 3/32 ounce and these little blades work really nice on them. I use these rods expressedly for vertical jigging dock pilings in Mississippi River marinas in late fall/early winter and again in the very early spring immediately after ice out and these small blades along with Z-Vibers and 1/32 heads with plastics or Gulp baits get the majority of the fish. Last spring I caught quite a few 13"-14" crappies on the small blades. Hoping to do it again on FRiday.

On another note, we got to the lake today to find the water had taken a 14 degree drop in two days. Lots of bottom scum on the surface so a turn-over took place and shut the fishing down big time. We gave it from sun up until 9 in 21 to 27 degree air temps. Chilly one on the water for sure. No wind until about 8:45 and that sort of spelled the end for the morning.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 10/19/22 15:53 UTC »
It's about time to give up on the fishing and put some deer steaks in the freezer!

Offline tacklebox07

• Minnow
« Reply #4 on: 10/19/22 19:56 UTC »
May I ask where you got the blades, that's the size I'm looking for. thanks

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 10/19/22 21:32 UTC »
These blades came direct from China. They come in lots of 30 for $15.00. Ali Express is the website I found them on. Here's the link to the page. I just saw them back on the page today so they're somewhere in there. They seem to come and go, so when I ordered I got like three of the offers. If you can locate them, these are the smallest of the three sizes available.

www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-unpainted-lure-bodies.html?seoChannel=popular&trafficChannel=seo&d=y&SearchText=unpainted+lure+bodies&ltype=p&SortType=default&page=2&CatId=0
« Last Edit: 10/19/22 21:35 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 10/20/22 14:07 UTC »
Yup. That's them. Nice little baits.