Author Topic: Baitmold.com  (Read 9128 times)

Offline BAYBOATSTORE

• Minnow
Baitmold.com
« on: 08/18/16 23:45 UTC »
HAS ANYONE EVER USED THESE MOLDS. TALKED TO THEM ABOUT MODIFYING SOME OF THEIR MOLDS. NEED THE GOOD, BAD OR UGLY, IF ANYONE KNOWS. THANKS!!!

Offline Edgecrusher

• Kicker
Re: Baitmold.com
« Reply #1 on: 08/19/16 03:52 UTC »
I've been told they the baits stick in the molds

Offline wishn4fishn

• Yearling
« Reply #2 on: 08/19/16 05:49 UTC »
I have one of there molds and the bait does stick some. They say to grease the mold. The baits come out a more matte like the essential series. Id say not bad mold if you're just making baits for yourself but if you intend to sell I'd try something else.

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 08/19/16 06:29 UTC »
I tried a,couple and the baits do stick. Also it seemed to me that the baits took way longer to cool down, so it's alot slower.
One I got was a swimbait. The bait itself didn't work once I finally got a good one made.
My opinion is to look elsewhere.

Offline brandx112679

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 08/20/16 19:47 UTC »

I have 4 of there molds, you need to put some worm oil, or softener on it every time you shoot them. Also they are a little dull if you don't.
You need to be careful when you get them out of the mold, they kling to it some, but not bad if you use the oil. They will have a little bit of plastic to pull of the ends of arms or other appendages usually, as they vent them pretty well.
 Hope this helps.

Offline BAYBOATSTORE

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 09/14/16 07:11 UTC »
big help. Thanks!!

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 09/14/16 12:00 UTC »
WOW, First time I saw this. Just sent them a order for some of their ringworm molds. Thanks for the information!

Offline MonteSS

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 09/14/16 18:51 UTC »
I ordered their little swimbait minnow to try as a dropshot bait.

Offline 808Warrior

• Minnow
« Reply #8 on: 10/30/17 20:40 UTC »
I have one of there molds and the bait does stick some. They say to grease the mold. The baits come out a more matte like the essential series. Id say not bad mold if you're just making baits for yourself but if you intend to sell I'd try something else.

Are you able to buy a mold from Do It Mold or Baitmold.com pour it and sell them?  Do we need to get special permissions?

Offline MT204

• Kicker
« Reply #9 on: 10/30/17 21:12 UTC »
Got a couple I'm happy with and a couple I'm not.
The ones I like pour fine just give them a mist of silicon spray every 4-6 shots.
Yes it takes longer to cool.
Yes they take 4-6 weeks to get to the states.
The machine work is unbelievably fine.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 10/30/17 22:20 UTC »
I have 6 of their molds and overall I am happy with them.  The only caveat that I can offer is to keep in mind I pour for my use only, so I don't worry about production quotas and the like.  I too lube mine about every 3 or 4 injections (when the baits start to stick time to re-lube).
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 10/31/17 06:04 UTC »
I give my molds a shot of WD-40 every ten baits and they work pretty well. I have never had a bait break as a result of sticking in the molds. They are a little slower to work with but the detail is rare in these molds. I have three molds, all similar to the ripper but a bit smaller profile and they are all super crappie baits.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 10/31/17 06:18 UTC »
If your going to sell the baits, be careful, he has several that are copies of baits that carry a copyright and you could get in trouble selling them in America! Like his molds, but they shoot slow (only making one or two baits per mold and I oil them with worm oil ever seven or eight shots)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 10/31/17 07:12 UTC »
If your going to sell the baits, be careful, he has several that are copies of baits that carry a copyright and you could get in trouble selling them in America!

If you read the entire description of each mold you'll see what each is copied from as he states it. I don't sell any of these to anyone just because of this factor.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 10/31/17 08:54 UTC »
If you read the entire description of each mold you'll see what each is copied from as he states it. I don't sell any of these to anyone just because of this factor.
[/quote

For those who want to have him design a mold, it is worth considering that if he already copies existing baits why wouldn't he copy your design and sell it too.  Just thought it needed mentioning
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.