Author Topic: A little different pro blue  (Read 1018 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
A little different pro blue
« on: 06/27/21 09:36 UTC »
I remelted a cup of pro blue smoke and added a touch of raw plastic to have enough in the cup to use the twin injector, then stirred in some of the Super Shift Twisted Guava pigment. I shot this over a clear-heavy silver string glitter belly. I was hoping to get a stronger reaction from the pigment but it's there and can be seen a bit. The purple is quite vivid really so I'm happy with that. The yellow-gold can just be seen along with the green on the nose ends. Red can be seen a bit in the middle of the baits. The pro blue already had plenty of blue so any that shows is likely from the original plastic.

I took a couple pictures in thin shade and under artificial lights to see if I could get the color shifts I wanted to come out but nada. The pigment is not meant to be in in the plastic, but rather on it so that has to come into play here. Had to try though.

These will be used to tease bass and pike tomorrow morning, early.

There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
Re: A little different pro blue
« Reply #1 on: 06/27/21 19:11 UTC »
Nice as usual Tom.

Online anyfish

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 06/27/21 19:52 UTC »
They look great Tom.  Are those 4" rippers? 

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/27/21 22:14 UTC »
They are the 4" Rippers. I modified the mold to shoot from the end and to create a hook pocket along the backs.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Online anyfish

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 06/28/21 00:20 UTC »
Really cool Tom.  I love the rippers.  I've been looking for the weight hook mold and this just makes me want one even more.  Hopefully they catch you some nice ones. 

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/28/21 23:04 UTC »
The fish today really liked the 4"Rippers and weighted hooks today, 1/16 ounce on the weight and a 4/0 Gammi. Deadly combo. The molded in hook slot is really shining and the split body colors just add frosting to the combo. Using Essential plastic on the rippers. I boated 5 bass and 5 decent pike on one Ripper today before the last fish, a pike, tore it right behind the hook's bend. Keitech Fat Swing Impacts are good for maybe three fish and one is stuck with factory colors. Today a strong watermelon green with heavy .040 purple and heavy .015 garnet flake over a silver string glitter clear belly ruled the fish. The Pro Blue number just wouldn't get fish to hit....they'd swing at the color but not hit. Tried the Pro Blue with the Twisted Guava super shift color shifting pigment in it and got one small bass, but this bait also had the heavy silver string glitter belly and we think it was the flash of the belly color that put the fish in the net today. The watermelon backs also looked like bright sunfish backs and we also agreed that this was a color factor.

All told we out like 19 fish in the boat between 6AM and 9 AM today. Only one 6 pound doggie to my buddy. He's been the pound master lately.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Online anyfish

• Kicker
« Reply #6 on: 07/01/21 16:51 UTC »
Sounds like a good day Tom.  I use the ES plastisol a lot and really like it.