Author Topic: PB&J ES Senko  (Read 17047 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: PB&J ES Senko
« Reply #15 on: 04/25/15 17:43 UTC »

Here's a thin plate I make from punch metal. Its heavier than foil, but thin enough to be cut with scissors. I have yet to find a cut mold that will not close on this stuff. The super fry shown here was done using it. I mostly just hand pour whichever side I want the separate color and then shot the other color to finish. I'll shoot baits for tail colors, then trim the tails and re-set them in the mold. I hand pour the belly section right up to the tail, clamp it up and pump the tops. I end up with a three color bait. I'll sometimes short pour the back and the belly different colors then shoot a center color that gets me the same tail color.

I know DF hand pours some too. Honestly the molds are way more versatile by hand pouring than by using plate and if "natural" is intended the hand pouring allows for the lack of an exact line...nothing in nature is that exact.

I think all of the home-spun baits are great looking, split colors or not. Find a way and work with it. It doesn't take long to be making baits that make store-bought look like they are made in a kindergarten class.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 04/25/15 18:46 UTC »
  I use the foil off of old pie plates or roasted chickens that I buy. Works great. With the ES Beaver for some reason the tail is not in the middle of the mold so I make the body twin colors and the tail a solid color. All others seem to work fine.

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #17 on: 04/25/15 18:56 UTC »
All good stuff gentlemen. There's a number of people out there that will benefit from the shared knowledge, thank you.  ;)
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 04/25/15 19:30 UTC »
Like anything in life, the molds just provide a solid foundation. Its what can be done with that foundation that is your department. If 30 of the members here were given identical piles of lumber and identical a thirty foot square basements with a concrete floor and were told to build a house, we'd see thirty different houses. Do-It provides the foundation. Remember that the depths of your creativity are only as deep as your imagination allows it to be.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
  • ...the Nut behind the Bolt...
    • https://rumble.com/v10miez-world-premiere-watch-the-water.html
« Reply #19 on: 09/23/16 06:49 UTC »
Like anything in life, the molds just provide a solid foundation. Its what can be done with that foundation that is your department. If 30 of the members here were given identical piles of lumber and identical a thirty foot square basements with a concrete floor and were told to build a house, we'd see thirty different houses. Do-It provides the foundation. Remember that the depths of your creativity are only as deep as your imagination allows it to be.

YES.  YES.  YES.  THAT'S Tackle-Craft!!!

Get 'em, D!
.El Gnaw.

"Drizzle Spoon ROCKS!"  Jerry V
"Wash Your Hands"  BKJ
".DOMINATE."  BKJ

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premier-died-suddenly.html 👈😎

https://youtube.com/shorts/-I9g2VLfJAk?feature=share 👈😁🇺🇸🇺🇸

Offline Bass in the hood

• Kicker
    • Bass in the Hood
« Reply #20 on: 09/27/16 22:23 UTC »
Nice work PB&J is one of my favorite colors.
bassinthehood.com