Author Topic: Ice plastics  (Read 12072 times)

Offline weltzing63

• Keeper
Ice plastics
« on: 09/07/17 22:34 UTC »
Hey Everyone! Finally got into selling plastics! Only sticking to Panfish baits for now. Please check out our website and facebook page! We post fishing reports, pictures, etc. Also have sun shirts available in short and long sleeves!

https://panfishpursuers.com/

Offline weltzing63

• Keeper
Re: Ice plastics
« Reply #1 on: 09/07/17 22:35 UTC »
Facebook page is called Panfish Pursuers....dor sale items u see the shop tab on Facebook.

Thank you,
Grant

Offline Steve J

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 09/08/17 04:45 UTC »
Very well done!
Good luck.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 09/08/17 06:14 UTC »
Very cool page. Awesome photography, very, very nice work. Good luck to you guys!

Offline weltzing63

• Keeper
« Reply #4 on: 09/08/17 09:47 UTC »
Thanks guys! Feel free to like our Facebook page as well !

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #5 on: 09/08/17 11:08 UTC »
Great site and awesome work.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 09/13/17 00:41 UTC »
Pricing? It would be helpful to know what a guy is looking at cost wise next to the product.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline weltzing63

• Keeper
« Reply #7 on: 09/14/17 21:55 UTC »
Ctom- if you're on the Facebook page, pricing is under the shop tab. If you go to the .com website, scroll down the page  and you will find pics of the plastics as well as pricing below each picture. We are working on making it easier on the website as well!

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 09/15/17 07:15 UTC »
Thanks.

Nice looking baits there, very clean and well-finished.

I will say that I like your front page comments on the c/r issues and replica use, especially on large sunfish/bluegills/pumpkinseeds. While I love a meal of fresh fish I generally only eat crappies or walleye/sauger and I have no problem at all promoting much tighter limits on these fine fish. Kudos on the replicas' use. I catch a lot of the panfish mentioned but return all but those who have been hurt enough that they won't comeback around after attempts at reviving.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline weltzing63

• Keeper
« Reply #9 on: 09/15/17 19:44 UTC »
Thanks Ctom. We are just getting started, have a lot to add!

Lawrence does a great job on all of his mounts. He really shines with his replicas. The detail of his work speaks for itself. Take the time and look through his photos, they will amaze you!

Offline weltzing63

• Keeper
« Reply #10 on: 10/12/17 16:21 UTC »
Just got in our header cards. Thoughts?!

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 10/12/17 17:01 UTC »
I love carded baits that have the baits out front where they can be seen without flipping the package. Nice, clean graphics that don't take your eye away from the product. Good job!

Ironic it is....I have a quart sized zip-lock full of Nuggie and Micro Nuggie baits right here on my computer desk, so I recognize that style of bait in your picture. The baits I have here are about 15 years old and as good as new.  Until I began making my own baits about 7 years ago I used Nuggie and Micro Nuggie baits right along side of the Culprit Paddletails. I cannot begin to estimate how many fish fell to these baits, but there were days when those little sucker absolutely smoked fish when nothing else would start to turn them. Its nice to see someone making a similar bait.

There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline weltzing63

• Keeper
« Reply #12 on: 10/13/17 05:54 UTC »
Thanks Ctom!

I would have to say the micro nuggie has been my go to plastic ever since I purchased the mold, roughly 5 years ago. It paired with a 2.5mm akara jig is a deadly duo. My biggest crappie to date fell to this combo last winter in the naifc championship.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 10/13/17 06:28 UTC »
Those look very nice! Good luck to you guys.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 10/13/17 06:37 UTC »
Maybe 10 years ago a friend and I did a walk around at a local ice fishing hot spot one nice day. No auger, a few jigs/plastics, and no locator....just going from hole to hole that were open and not being fished. There were maybe 75 anglers there and it was one of those days where nothing but dink perch and small sunnies were being caught. I used a small jigging demon with a pink micro nuggie on it. My buddy the same but a white micro.

We literally just went from hole to hole and it didn't seem to matter what the water depth was as the crappies were laying about 14" under the ice, and I suspect they were pecking small insects off the bottom of the ice cap. Nobody was marking these fish because they were so high up in the water column. We just dropped the jig down and gave it a second to settle at about 12" under the ice and then twitched it to give that tail a little wiggle and POW. We were just playtime fishing, keeping nothing, and ended up catching maybe 100 crappies in the 12 to 14 inch range just wandering between people sitting on buckets doing nothing. Some asked what we were using and we'd show them. None had so much as a jigging spoon let alone a nuggie of any denomination....they were all stuck on bait! We didn't use corks and I don't think either of us fished more than the first 6 feet of line on the rods. lol Its was hilarious to walk up to a hole and smile at a guy sitting 8 feet away that hadn't seen a fish for twenty minutes then drop a jig in and pop a crappie in ten seconds....and then put the fish back down the hole.

Gotta love those small plastics and crappies. They fit together like a well designed shoe on a foot. I no longer do much ice fishing but I do make a ton of Do-Its Wax Wigglers, Ice Ticklers, Nano Fry, and Ice Pick baits for people wanting to scale down in bait size. I make nothing on the order of the bait you make nor the nuggie but I could go nuts with a mold like yours. lol I still take this bag of nuggies to the docks in the fall to fish crappies and they generally see some action each trip. They're a dynamite bait. Happy to see you making them.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they