Author Topic: chatter, chatter, chatter.....  (Read 1513 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
chatter, chatter, chatter.....
« on: 05/14/20 09:57 UTC »
I'm going to try my hand at chatter baiting soon and made these Icraws up as trailers.

Backs are a X2 watermelon green/some X2 pumpkin green added. Bellies start with X2 amber and a drop of X2 brown. Both 6 ounce batches. Some green and bronze hi lites in the green backs. The belly color has a bit of gold hi lite. Twin injected.

Once out of the molds and cooled a bit, just the claws get a quick double dip in orange Quick Coat Worm dip. The worm dip will migrate a ways with time giving the whole bait a super natural appearance....no color lines from the dip.

If I had any one thing to offer as a critique on this bait it would be to have a thin tail fan at the tail's end. This mold, with a tail fan, would be absolutely the best ever crawfish mold. Its darned good as it sits, very realistic.
« Last Edit: 05/14/20 10:00 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
Re: chatter, chatter, chatter.....
« Reply #1 on: 05/14/20 11:00 UTC »
Those are way to nice to be used as a trailer!!! The color detail is amazing.

I would like to see them rigged on an appropriate color footfall jig to complete the tail look.

" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/14/20 12:27 UTC »
I like to fish the Iclaws on the back of a swing jig.

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/15/20 04:24 UTC »
No need for a skirt when you have a great looking bulky plastic like these... I think the skirt would make it look "LESS"

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/15/20 05:40 UTC »
Those look fantastic! Think this just may be my next mold I pick up.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/15/20 06:22 UTC »
  The iCraw is one of my favorite baits. I make them in CC Green with purple flake and then dip the claws in either orange or blue. I've never thought about it on a chatter bait but not a bad idea. For the most part I use it as a jig trailer but when it's a tough bite Neko rig it. I caught a lot of fish on that the last few years.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/15/20 06:35 UTC »
Those look great.