Author Topic: This won't be good....  (Read 1369 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
This won't be good....
« on: 07/30/18 19:59 UTC »
....at least the Doc will say so, but, well, we know how it is eh?

The first batch of salmon just sealed up and headed for the freezer. For reference, these bags are 11" wide. All Coho, some up to 8-9 pounds. I have another larger bag of fillets to do for us here at home, these go to my buddy Gary.

Now I couldn't take a picture and not know how they taste, could I? Of course not. I broke off a piece about 2" long from the head end of one fillet as a sampler. Carole comes wandering by just as I smack my chops and now she's got her mitt out for some. And I needed to join her for a touch more so one of the packages is a little light.

All I can say is that one bite most definitely tastes like another. And another.....and
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: This won't be good....
« Reply #1 on: 07/30/18 20:35 UTC »
Well spent time. Nothing like good smoked salmon!!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/30/18 21:51 UTC »
Carole made refrigerator pickles yesterday. They'll go well with the salmon. Hard to keep my fingers out of that ice cream pail she has hidden behind less tasty stuff. I think she has pickle radar because every time I move something to pop the top on that pail she shows up shaking her finger at me.

I've been making spaghetti sauce about every four days and finally said enough is enough and froze tomatoes today.....three gallon bags of them. I have salsarific, thai dragon. habanero, and jalapeno peppers coming out my ears so I'll have to start dehydrating those soon. Or just make my hot sauce. Gotta laugh....the daughter stopped by when Carole and I sat down for lunch. She asked what we were having with the cucumber and tomato slices. She couldn't believe it when I told her that this IS lunch. This is what we had for lunch while we were at the cabin last week....made sure to take enough of these goodies to last the trip. I had a couple hot dogs yesterday just to get some meat in my system. BLT's for dinner tonight.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 07/30/18 22:58 UTC »
Mighty tasty looking treats Tom.