Author Topic: CCM  (Read 2239 times)

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
CCM
« on: 05/04/13 19:04 UTC »
The snow and rain finally stopped...and the sun came out and the temperture shot to a balmy 60 degrees. I had been doing storm clean up most of the day (lot's of tree and bush damage from the heavy wet snow)...so I called it a day and grabbed the ultra-light and some small jigs, bobbers and some CCM Beetle bugs and headed over to the gravel pit.

The crappies and bass must have been as glad to see some warmer temps as I was...for the better part of an hour they slammed that beetle bug! That CCM Beetle Bug is a really nice bait. Easy to inject...tails are nice....and it sure did catch fish!

I fished it about 3 feet below the bobber and kept the bobber moving and twitching with slight pauses.
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
Re: CCM
« Reply #1 on: 05/04/13 19:09 UTC »
Ditto re the Beetle Bug.  I took my grandson out to the pond and the bluegill went nuts over that Bug.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
Re: CCM Beetle Bug
« Reply #2 on: 05/04/13 19:16 UTC »
What happened to the edit button?? When I re-read my post I noticed it didn't have the title I wanted...but no edit button to fix it...?
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/04/13 22:45 UTC »
I noticed that as well Andrew, it will be there right after a post, sometimes, then I come back to a post later and it is gone.  I was wondering if it was some of my computer settings that was doing it.

On the beetle bug.  There are a number of larvae that have twin "tails" that  bream feed on.  On my post about the motor oil; the bait that was ( is ) the most productive for us was a straight, twin tailed grub a fair bit like the Beetle Bug.   

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/05/13 17:23 UTC »
Your ability to edit has a time window. I have the ability to edit right away after the initial post, but as soon as I look at a different thread and come back to edit I canno unless I hit the quote but thats like a double post.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast