Author Topic: Swimming Mullet Mold  (Read 2387 times)

Offline rambaits

• Minnow
Swimming Mullet Mold
« on: 03/31/20 23:58 UTC »
Does Do-it (or any other reputable manufacturer) make a soft plastic mold similar to the Gulp brand swimming mullet? If so, what do they call it because I cannot seem to find it on their website. I have been fishing my whole life but recently got into fishing for flounder, trout, and puppy drum in the Roanoke Sound in NC. I have found nothing catches flounder like a Gulp swimming mullet but they are made of very soft plastic and are pretty pricey. Also is there any kind of bait/rig/technique that catches flounder just as well or better than this bait?  Thank you for answers to either question I am new to both saltwater fishing and making soft plastics but I have a blast doing both.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Swimming Mullet Mold
« Reply #1 on: 04/01/20 04:28 UTC »
Welcome to the family rambaits. https://store.do-itmolds.com/35-Swim-Shad-12-Cavity_p_278.html
I would think this would work. And maybe a twister type grub might work also. I don’t live near saltwater so maybe some of the guys that do might have a different idea’s.
https://store.do-itmolds.com/35-K-Chub-2-cavity_p_236.html
« Last Edit: 04/01/20 04:34 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Miker940

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 04/01/20 12:43 UTC »
I don't have an answer for this but your question is closely related my own question about the Berkley Gulp Swimming Mullet as well as the other similar Gulp baits.  I am trying to fing a jig head mold that I can use to pour my own jig heads for these baits.  They are so soft and they tear so easily that harding any jig head other than Berkley's will work.  Those are very expensive when you go through as many of these baits as I do for flounder fishing.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this question, problem, or idea. 

Thanks

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 04/02/20 01:22 UTC »
The freestyle jig with 575h eagle claws works great for mr. 1/4 and 3/16 are preferred.