Author Topic: DI-IT skirt tool Item 7469  (Read 235 times)

Offline housebg

• Minnow
DI-IT skirt tool Item 7469
« on: 12/27/21 12:16 UTC »
Hello I can not figure out how to make it work and can tell or send viedo  Billy

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
Re: DI-IT skirt tool Item 7469
« Reply #1 on: 12/27/21 12:35 UTC »
Skirts come in tabs with the ends uncut. So the first thing to do is slide a skirt band over the pointy end and roll it past where the tool separates. Then hook a couple of skirt tabs by the end where all the cut pieces are joined and pull them into the barrel of that tool and partially out the other end. Now you roll that band you preloaded onto the skirt. Pull the skirt out, cut the ends off and you have a skirt.

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 12/27/21 12:52 UTC »

Offline housebg

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 12/27/21 13:45 UTC »
Eather neather of you have ever seen the tool I am talking about or they sent me one that is bad it does not come appart.I had one from Jann it worked good,the pne from Di-it does not come apart or maybe it is frozen together I have had some experence with skirt makers not this one i

Offline bryanmc57

• Keeper
« Reply #4 on: 12/27/21 14:11 UTC »
Eather neather of you have ever seen the tool I am talking about or they sent me one that is bad it does not come appart.I had one from Jann it worked good,the pne from Di-it does not come apart or maybe it is frozen together I have had some experence with skirt makers not this one i

If it's this one https://store.do-itmolds.com/Skirt-Tool_p_1256.html you just push the bands over the loop and up the barrel.  Then you hook the tabs on the wire hook, pull them into the barrel with the looped end of the wire and slide the band off the tube and onto the skirt tabs.  If it's not that one I don't know what to tell you because that's the tool on the do-it site...

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 12/27/21 16:45 UTC »
You must have this one... Works great with "O"rings....

« Last Edit: 12/27/21 16:48 UTC by 21xdc »

Offline Fishermanbt

• Kicker
« Reply #6 on: 12/27/21 16:51 UTC »
Housebg, I have one of the economy versions (plastic barrel with a metal tip) I think you mentioned you used to have. The tip of it and the wire pull were both removable. By the sounds of things this critter may not come apart. It might be press fit together.