Author Topic: Clamps and Clamping  (Read 47663 times)

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
Re: Clamps and Clamping
« Reply #30 on: 03/12/15 10:44 UTC »
Personally, I would go with the 600# clamp.  I think it is safer.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline macklb

• Minnow
« Reply #31 on: 04/11/15 20:01 UTC »
I have a woodworking shop, and have found that the Rockwall jaw horse is excellent for clamping the plastic molds of any size.  You can get consistent great pressure with little effort and time.  When I figure out how to send photos, I will try to send one.  You can clamp numerous molds at the same time safely and with little effort if you wish.   I think they are terrific.        Amazon has one for sale at this link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018MRUN4/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=35263588801&hvpos=1t3&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=7674411956221520082&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_63qp9ax4fl_b     

If you look at the bottom of the page you will see the newer model for about $60 less
« Last Edit: 04/11/15 20:28 UTC by macklb »

Offline Bass Junkie

• Minnow
« Reply #32 on: 05/15/17 23:56 UTC »
Hey guys, new to the forum and new to pouring/injection/custom baits. So new,in fact that I ordered a kit today (that has yet to arrive) and just realized that I'm going to need clamps for the mold. I happened upon this post.

The mold I chose is the 4.5 inch finesse worm, 5 cavity. I may upgrade to craws, beavers, and curly tails later on (depending on how this whole new hobby thing goes) so would like your advice on a decent set of clamps that will not break the bank but will be versatile enough to work with some other molds I mentioned. I do want to note that I am not tool savy at ALL and I don't have a big workshop with a ton of room (I will be working on my patio with a small table).

Would something like this work?
IRWINQUICK-GRIPOne-Handed Mini Bar Clamp 2 Pack, 12", 1964745 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NP9S7M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_enOgzb044VY8F

If not, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #33 on: 05/16/17 06:06 UTC »
I think those are a bit too small. Clamping pressure should be around 400# or you could experience flashing around the edges of the mold cavity. I think these would be a better choice.https://www.amazon.com/IRWINQUICK-GRIPOne-Handed-Bar-Clamp-Medium-Duty-1964718/dp/B001DK7SJM/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1494932657&sr=1-3&keywords=irwin+quick+grip

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #34 on: 05/16/17 06:12 UTC »
  I know many on here use the plastic clamps but I personally do not. I just went to Home Depot and bought some 3 " metal c clamps. They have plastic tips so you don't scratch your mold and I can clamp two molds at a time. I like them better because they don't have any give to them. Just don't go crazy when you tighten up.

Offline CHADWICK

• Minnow
« Reply #35 on: 05/20/19 05:22 UTC »
I utilize similar ones that Jason utilizes in the image and I additionally use at any rate 2 cinches. I am new to this additionally and committed the error of just utilizing one clasp gives simply state I a chance to will never commit that error again.