Author Topic: Fishing reports  (Read 2895 times)

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
Fishing reports
« on: 02/19/12 04:37 UTC »
Around here it has been game on for about two - three weeks now.   Pickwick produced a new State record as well as several other really good fish.   We don't have the population of 10 lb and ups several Texas and Forida lakes have.  But, the number of big five fish limits has been really strong on the TVA Lakes for the last three weeks now. As well;  100 fish days on Wheeler have been good.  A lot of moving water on a continuous basis.  If you can find them; they are really concentrated; and feeding. 

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Fishing reports
« Reply #1 on: 02/19/12 18:25 UTC »
I missed a big something today...

Set the hook on it two and a half times as it swam right at me.  On the half the Cherry Picker about hit me in the face.  It was big, hard telling what it was...  I would have loved to seen it   :'(

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 02/20/12 05:17 UTC »
Sounds like a fishing story. :D

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 02/20/12 08:03 UTC »
Ummm...snow in the southern states on Sunday (Ky, TN, NC and others)...a "balmy" 42 degrees in MN yesterday! I even took the boat out for a few hours and did some walleye fishing on Sunday. Ummmmm.....

"Bait bit in half"....sounds like Jason was back to Dogfish fishing again!

" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #4 on: 02/20/12 08:48 UTC »
Sounds like a fishing story. :D

Pretty much is at this point.  This is the second time this week it has happened in the same spot.  I'm thinking there may be a fish on a bed there and it keeps moving my bait off it?  I'll give it another try when I have time this week and see if she's still there.

Jason

Offline bassmasters40701

• Keeper
« Reply #5 on: 02/20/12 09:25 UTC »
Kentucky weather for you... 55 degrees and sunny on Saturday.

Took the swimming shad out for it's inaugural run in the water. Second cast caught a 2.5 lb largemouth. Needless to say I was pretty excited. I had already given my dad a few of those baits but wouldn't let him throw them until I caught the first one on it. :)

Sunday... 25 degrees and 5 inches of snow. It was a wet heavy snow that has trees down everywhere.

Glad to read some fishing reports. I hope everyone continues posting there trips on the water. It defintely keeps my fired up especially when I'm looking as so much snow outside my window.