Author Topic: simple recipes  (Read 54869 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Re: simple recipes
« Reply #30 on: 11/26/18 09:06 UTC »
looks like it has been awhile since anyone has posted a color so I thought I would chip in a pretty easy one for you panfishers out there.  I made this color for some panfish magnet type baits that I pour and it is to simulate a mealworm:

4 ounces plastisol
1/8 tsp gold hi-lite
toothpick dipped in x2 yellow (I use about 1/8 inch worth and swirl it in the plastic until gone)
1/4 tsp of .015 gold glitter
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #31 on: 11/23/20 12:37 UTC »
Here is another.  I got the basic idea from Chris Jones of Worlds Worst Fishing but the top color is my rendition using X2 pigments.  So here is my rendition of gooseberry.

TOP:

1/2 drop of X2 black
6 drops of Florida grape
1/8 tsp  of .015 green glitter

BOTTOM:

1/8 tsp purple pearl powder

4 ounces of plastic per side.  This is a stunning color.  I used it to make 10 inch ribbon tails and they are fantastic!
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #32 on: 11/26/20 12:43 UTC »
Here is a really simple one that makes a killer worm color.  I call it mustard brown.

6 ounces of plastic
6 drops of x2 yellow
2 drops of X2 green pumpkin brown

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #33 on: 12/21/21 12:06 UTC »
This one is one of my favorite stinger colors .  it gets its color from the glitter used.  I shoot the tail first in an opaque chartreuse .  here is the body color

4 ounces plastisol

1/8 tsp violet hilite
1/8 tsp .040 black flake
1/8 tsp .035 light purple flake
Very small amt of UV blast powder (about the size of a. Match head)

This one is visually stunning and catches fish!