Author Topic: Light Wire Replacement Hook For EC 630 & 410??  (Read 536 times)

Offline jgrizzle

• Minnow
Light Wire Replacement Hook For EC 630 & 410??
« on: 04/07/21 09:05 UTC »
Looking for some lighter hooks that would still fit in molds that take these two hooks. They don't have to be O'shaughnessy/sproat.

Having a hard time researching what fits, and not being able to try single hooks before buying a pack. Mainly in #1, 1/0, 2/0, & 3/0.

Thank you!

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
Re: Light Wire Replacement Hook For EC 630 & 410??
« Reply #2 on: 04/09/21 14:21 UTC »
The problem you'll have with a lighter wire is you'll get flash that you'll have to trim off.  Lot s of the guys make bass jigs here someone will pop in. 

Offline bigjim5589

• Kicker
  • J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC
Re: Light Wire Replacement Hook For EC 630 & 410??
« Reply #3 on: 04/09/21 20:31 UTC »
Those each have a different bend too. The 410 is 60 degree and the 630 is 90 degree.  Look at the Victory hooks, they have some hooks that will likely work. As Fatman said, you get extra flash, but that never stopped me from using hooks, not made for the mold. The shank lengths IMO may be where you'll see bigger dimensional differences.  Both of those hooks have rather long shanks, so you may have to settle for a hook with shorter shank length when going with lighter wire.

If you won't be using the heavier wire hooks at all or very little in the molds, you can fix some of the flash issue with high temp silicone, using it to fill the space. Permatex makes one that I had found in an auto parts store that is good up to around 700 degree's of intermittent heat. I've had to re-do a mold once, as it's not permanent, and I've poured hundreds of jigs before the silicone started to come out. Easy to do and I don't want to make permanent changes to a mold anyway in most cases.