Author Topic: 3" Mad dads  (Read 4617 times)

Offline kipbass

• Lunker
3" Mad dads
« on: 12/03/13 17:14 UTC »
I was goofing around in the shop the other day and came up with these. I first shot the blue and cut off the pincers and placed them back into the mold. I then shot green pumpkin brown behind that at high heat so it would meld to it. Not very pleasing to the eye I guess due to the contrast of the blue against the pumpkin. Maybe the bass won't care. :P

Offline toadfrogbaits

• Kicker
Re: 3" Mad dads
« Reply #1 on: 12/03/13 17:33 UTC »
They won't care . Ya just might be surprised . Did a laminated craw with blue on the bottom and green pumkin on the top . Accidently left my plastic at home and it was in the truck glove box . Used it and got 6 bass . Little but pan sized . Ya just never know .

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 12/03/13 17:48 UTC »
Looks like it could be a good jig trailer color to me. Nice looking baits.

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #3 on: 12/03/13 19:35 UTC »
Looks like it could be a good jig trailer color to me. Nice looking baits.

TRUTH...

especially with matching skirt colors... Nice Work kipbass, I'd fish that in a heartbeat.
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 12/03/13 20:39 UTC »
I don't fish bass much, but there is something just "unique" in that color combination.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 12/03/13 22:17 UTC »
They look good to me.  The red glitter in both colors pulls it together nicely.
There are craws that have that type of coloration; but I don't think the Bass care.
I, personally, have never seen a bubblegum colored worm or minnow.   

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 12/03/13 22:29 UTC »
Growing up in south Louisiana I am somewhat of a crawfish expert or at lest I've eat`n enough of em to be  :D in the winter/ spring river crawfish's claw tips turn blue and their bodies are tan to almost white. In the sumer the hotter it gets'the red'r they get. Those look like an awesome winter craw match to me!!!

Offline sim

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 12/03/13 23:07 UTC »
I like it - I really like that blue as well - care to share the recipes?

Offline kipbass

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 12/04/13 05:19 UTC »
Growing up in south Louisiana I am somewhat of a crawfish expert or at lest I've eat`n enough of em to be  :D in the winter/ spring river crawfish's claw tips turn blue and their bodies are tan to almost white. In the sumer the hotter it gets'the red'r they get. Those look like an awesome winter craw match to me!!!
I've done my share of eating them too Mo! I remember picking craws up in Toledo Bend at night, some of those were huge! The pincers had raised bumps on them and those were usually dark red and the outer edge blue and the rest mainly black.

Offline kipbass

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 12/04/13 05:23 UTC »
I like it - I really like that blue as well - care to share the recipes?
Sure.
Claw
4oz Plastic
the old CCM Blue 70 drops ... if you use X2 probably 10 drops.. the black glitter will darken it up too. So start in small increments of blue.
1/8 tsp .040 black glitter
1/8 tsp .035 red glitter
Body
4oz Plastic
10 drops X2 green pumpkin brown
1/8 tsp .035 red glitter

Offline Blackhawk19

• Kicker
« Reply #10 on: 12/04/13 07:53 UTC »
Nice job!
Proud Member Of The Southeast Asia War Games Team 67/68
If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter - and unsafe.

Offline CrabbyBass

• Lunker
    • Crabby Bass Lures
« Reply #11 on: 12/07/13 00:44 UTC »
Looks great kip! Kind of looks like a color combo a friend of ours came up with. We use midnight blue for the claw tips and a dark green pumpkin for the body. A lot of bass have been caught using this color combo. Great job!

Offline kipbass

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 12/07/13 09:28 UTC »
Thanks guys. I got the inspiration from another forum member, hopefully he won't mind. So I can't take the credit.

Offline gmintimidator

• Keeper
« Reply #13 on: 12/09/13 17:26 UTC »
Thanks for sharing.  This inspired me to pull out my mold and shoot some and play with tips.