Author Topic: Me, fish and pictures....  (Read 1688 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Me, fish and pictures....
« on: 04/02/21 11:48 UTC »
....just don't seem to like each other.

This is one the of 11, 12 3/4" plus crappies taken this morning. Of course the fish had other ideas of a good picture and decided to torque around as the snap was made so you can't see the whole nine yards. And the camera went wet right then too. This crappie taped out at 13 3/4". Male no less. Of the 11 crappies we kept this early morning only three were under 12 3/4" and those three were all the females we had. The bull crappies are something to catch and today they reigned. Started fishing at 6:15 and it ended at 8:20. Very narrow window of bite activity this morning. When the bite slammed shut I told my buddy it must be my 8 oclock pill time and checked the watch. Yup. Pill time.

We had some light breeze when we got started. By 8 we had a blow. Right now at near noon we have 30 - 35 mph sustained.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
Re: Me, fish and pictures....
« Reply #1 on: 04/02/21 13:16 UTC »
Wow it looks  like it was  a darn good day out.   Now is that  a lake up by you where you were fishing?We have  a lake here that is polluted by Crappie and if you get a 12" out of there your doing darn good but you have to weed through a million little ones to get anything with size.  So far the biggest ive caught was 14" but I believe there is definitely some bigger ones in there.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #2 on: 04/02/21 14:02 UTC »
Awesome TOM any day you can gat out is a great day. Tasty crappie also.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/02/21 14:36 UTC »
Awesome

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/02/21 15:16 UTC »
Those lakes that are loaded with small panfish, we call pickeled lakes!  Once or twice a year we load up on those small ones, clean them up and pickel them!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 04/02/21 17:00 UTC »
No pickles here Gary. The fillets off these crappies are as large as walleye fillets and way better eating.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 04/03/21 04:13 UTC »
Nice ones Tom.  ;D

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 04/04/21 19:18 UTC »
Very Nice!!

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 04/17/21 11:08 UTC »
Crappie are known as Saccalait down in south Louisiana.  Mighty fine eating but I hear they are not known as good table fair up north.  Just don't get it but its weird how it works across the land.  Florida hates the Goggle Eye or Warmouth but very tasty.  Also Florida loves sheephead, not a favorite over here.  I love to eat them as they have a slight oyster flavor to them from their eating habits. Some dislike the Redfish or Trout and that is just not ever going to happen in my household.  Very good eating in my opinion.  Nice catch but it would sure be fried, or panfried sautee style in my kitchen

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 04/17/21 18:41 UTC »
Idiots in the north think crappie is not good eating. They're my favorite white meat food fish. Beats walleye any day in my book.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they