Author Topic: A simple color  (Read 820 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
A simple color
« on: 05/23/22 09:02 UTC »
One of my favorite colors to use for walleyes has been the simple Rapala blue over white and I had some time yesterday, so....

I decided on the #8627 foiled lipless baits again as well as the #8617 foiled jerk baits. I did a pretty straight forward Bait Blast blue with some Bait Blast white to lighten it and thinned to help keep it sort of transparent. After getting the blue as deep as I wanted it I put a very light coat of thinned transparent purple of another label across the very top of the baits. I finished the spraying with Bait Blast clear laced with Didspade.com's Delta blue to purple to red colorshift pigment. The color shift generally does much better over black but I wanted to get it on the sides where the foiling reflects light well as well as across the purple of the back. Its really tough to see it in the picture because the baits are not moving thru light, but just behind the eye and along the very bottom of the belly of the jerk bait the purple/red is just beginning to show for the picture. To the eye it's quite apparent.

Do-It's Attack series eyes in Precision Pearl round out the baits as do the split rings and Mustad TG58NP-BN size 6 hooks, both also available at Do-It.

The internal foiling on these baits is absolutely incredible with hyper light reflection. It seems a shame to completely cover it.

I did up three of each bait in this color pattern and they are sitting in bright sun for the day to help cure the CS  Top Coating that seals the deal, then they go in the walleye box. Move over Rapala.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline brennan.chapman

• Administrator
  • Kicker
Re: A simple color
« Reply #1 on: 05/23/22 09:58 UTC »
Sharp!

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/23/22 13:11 UTC »
Sharp indeed!

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/23/22 13:23 UTC »
 Great work ctom, very clean.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/23/22 16:12 UTC »
I'll bet those will work on those Superior Lake trout also!

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/23/22 20:54 UTC »
Very nice Tom.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/24/22 07:38 UTC »
  Nice job. One of my favorite colors is a blue back and silver body but I like it with a little bit of orange on the belly. Actually all my crank baits have a little bit of orange on the belly. Just me.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 05/31/22 11:04 UTC »
Nice paint work.