Author Topic: A dink.....  (Read 1592 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
A dink.....
« on: 03/28/17 08:00 UTC »

.....But very hungry. lol Actually this crappie is about 9 1/2" long. The pic was done with my iPhone and that's a 1/32 Do-It collarless ballhead and one of the new 2" Ukrainian paddletails. There is a chartreuse tail down in there somewhere too.

I took the picture yesterday of my only fish. The water conditions at the lake went south over the weekend and the lake was up and dirty with a lot of debris washing around. This was the only crappies that wanted to have fun.

But as for whether the Ukrainian baits catch fish, yes they do. Once the lake settles down for a couple days the bite will be back on. Sunshine this morning so that should help get some heat back in the water and at this time of year that is a big factor.

Happy with the new baits but can't wait to put the other two to test.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: A dink.....
« Reply #1 on: 03/28/17 08:57 UTC »
I think I'll have to get a couple of them. I've been looking at the 2"and 2.8 narrow ribbed paddle tail.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: A dink.....
« Reply #2 on: 03/28/17 09:03 UTC »
I had all three of the baits on jigs in the water yesterday and they are full of action but nearly as wild of action as I thought they might be given the narrow tail web. On the 2 and 3 inchers it takes very little to get a nice strumming action in the water. The 1.5 inch baits runs under a jig well and that bait in the crappie's chops is riding under a float, so up to the 2" size they do play nice with a cork.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast