Author Topic: 1.5" Solid Body Tube (Trip to WY targeting panfish)  (Read 2203 times)

Offline CombatJigs

• Keeper
Well folks, second official post here, long time lurker. Any-who, I made a trip to Wyoming this last week and shot a bunch of 1.5" solid body tubes (copper w/ orange flake killing it). With the countless amounts of perch, gill, SMB/LMB, crappie -- One stood out from the rest. WY is not known for their bass fishing, and the state record is 7.14oz (So I was told by game and fish.) I ended up landing this 6lb 6oz LMB on a 1.5" tube, she must've been desperate to snack on that. Hell of a fight on a 7 ft UL rod and 2lb test..

Forgot to mention, everyone I talked to that was trying to fish this lake, their words were are similar about ("There's nothing in this lake bigger than a couple pounds, tough lake to fish, etc etc...")

You can see the same tube in this Pumpkin Seed

And here's just a cool photo when tornado warnings were put out, (Still fished)

Thanks for taking a peak! Enjoy..
« Last Edit: 06/28/16 23:01 UTC by CombatJigs »

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: 1.5" Solid Body Tube (Trip to WY targeting panfish)
« Reply #1 on: 06/29/16 00:49 UTC »
Great pic and nice fish. Looks like you cracked the code to the lake.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/29/16 06:19 UTC »
That is really awesome. That pumpkinseed is beautiful. Very nice bass too. Way to go CombatJigs!

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/29/16 07:10 UTC »
Nice pictures. Glad you had a great trip. I'll have to try that color recipe.

Offline CombatJigs

• Keeper
« Reply #4 on: 06/29/16 13:06 UTC »
Thanks folks, it was an excellent trip. This lake was pretty desolate, the word around the town was it's a terrible lake. After trying about 6 lakes in the area, this lake was the best by far. Caught a ton of panfish (way too many to count), bass ranging 1-2# + the pig!

The color is copper from Jacobs molds, add a little bit of orange .015 glitter to get an orange-ish hue. Absolutely slayed.

Also the tube is a solid body, I tried my 1.5" hollow body tube with the jig inside, didn't get much action as the solid body. Not sure why, I wondered myself and tried to compare the two, possible slight different action with the weight being outside the tube.

Take care!