Author Topic: Worm Weight Mold?  (Read 5468 times)

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
Worm Weight Mold?
« on: 12/22/19 13:09 UTC »
Why is there not one that has  all the same size cavities  like say 6 in 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 ounce etc. ? Lots of folks only uses a single size 90% of the time so why not have a mold that they can make a bunch of them up quick?  I'd definitely buy a 6 cavity 3/8 ounce mold & one in 1/4 ounce too.

Offline toadfrog

• Yearling
Re: Worm Weight Mold?
« Reply #1 on: 12/23/19 02:09 UTC »
That and questions like it I have never found an answer too. If you have deep pockets you can find a CNC guy that will do it . Pun intended.

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 12/23/19 03:38 UTC »
Since I have more time than money, And I don't sell my stuff, I think 1 cavity each size is plenty. It don't take that long to make what you need. If I was selling a lot of them, I'd probably be spin casting.

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/23/19 12:28 UTC »
I’d still rather have a 6 cavity mold any day. All of my plastics molds are multi cavity & I would  way rather have lead molds the same way anytime.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 12/23/19 14:15 UTC »
Welcome aboard Les.

Be assured that this thread will hit the desks of the upper echelon at Do -It and they'll take you suggestion seriously. Its probably a demand thing at this time. I've not seen a request for a same size mold for that sinker type before. Lets see what the top tier says.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline toadfrog

• Yearling
« Reply #5 on: 12/24/19 03:09 UTC »
I think the cow done got out of the barn on questions like this . Just like the time is past jumping in the puddle of single port injection molds for dual and triple injection . From the time I started with a creepy crawler set and snatching feathers out of my mothers prize rooster to tie with, Tackle making has gone plain nuts.  Some things good some not so good . That's more words I've said at one time on hear in years. Guess I'll shut up .

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 12/24/19 10:20 UTC »
Toad frog, what does the cow done got out of the barn comment suppose to mean? Lol. I’ve tried before & simply don’t understand why there aren’t some molds   made like this. Do-it  is the biggest when it comes to molds & I can’t believe they don’t have one. You’d think they would sell enough of them to be worth having on hand.  If I can’t find one i’ll just buy  them in bulk from a local  tackle shop that has them by the piece.  I would probably buy a box full if I could find out where to buy them from. That would do me the rest of my fishing days.   P s I also inject multiple cavity molds with my dual injector. Lol
« Last Edit: 12/24/19 16:24 UTC by Les Young »

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 12/25/19 14:24 UTC »
Welcome to custombaits.com Les! I would like to see a 3/16 oz. worm weight mold.  6 cavities.

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 12/26/19 19:29 UTC »
Thanks.

Offline toadfrog

• Yearling
« Reply #9 on: 12/26/19 20:29 UTC »
Les the cow getting out of the barn means , the door of opportunity was open and went unnoticed .( Sorry for the hillbilly colloquial expression.)     Now there are many places to have molds machined . More coming onboard every day . Do-It is a great company . But in my opinion only, I feel that they can be short sited at times. It was a good move when they bought Caney Creek Molds from Jason .

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 12/27/19 09:26 UTC »
Set up a poll to see how many people might want to buy a mold that makes 6 or 8 of the same size heads. Three or four guys saying they'd like to see such and such a mold is one thing, but if a couple hundred respond to a poll and indicate they'd like a mold of that nature things will move into a completely different light than what's seen in these threads. Just a suggestion.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Les Young

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 12/28/19 22:42 UTC »
Les the cow getting out of the barn means , the door of opportunity was open and went unnoticed .( Sorry for the hillbilly colloquial expression.)     Now there are many places to have molds machined . More coming onboard every day . Do-It is a great company . But in my opinion only, I feel that they can be short sited at times. It was a good move when they bought Caney Creek Molds from Jason .  Yep no doubt they are a great company  & according to some of the molds they have  made  they are listenting to their customers  especially in the soft plastics department with the essential series .  I just don't understand why a mold like this has never been offered for lead. You'd think it would sell.

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 12/28/19 23:21 UTC »
We are always listening and appreciate the input.  Many of our new products come from customer input.

Unfortunately the worm sinker mold is in our bottom 10% of all the molds we sell and just would not warrant making production molds. 

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 12/29/19 15:35 UTC »
Absolutely....3/16 & 1/4.  6 cavities each.

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 12/30/19 09:24 UTC »
Absolutely....3/16 & 1/4.  6 cavities each.

We do have a mold that makes 5 of each of those two sizes.  It is item # 1140, model WR-10-M2