Author Topic: The spirit was willing  (Read 1213 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
The spirit was willing
« on: 11/20/20 12:24 UTC »
But the fish weren't.  Got out this morning and could only catch 1 crappie, 3 bass (dinks) and 1 really nice redear .  I guess on a positive note I caught two of the bass on a drop shot rig (I totally suck at dropshotting).   So it was nice to catch a few using that method especially on a new bait I just poured (Stands 4 inch drop shot bait that I poured using a new (to me) color shift powder .  A blue to gray shift called galaxy.  Nice to get out and play.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
Re: The spirit was willing
« Reply #1 on: 11/20/20 12:31 UTC »
Were you casting the drop shot?  I have had limited success using it in that manner, personally.  I use it to great success fishing vertically beneath my transducer on the front of my boat.  I call it video game fishing  :P  A buddy of mine has had a lot of success around schooling fish using a small zoom fluke in a shad color by casting and reeling it back in with small twitches.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 11/20/20 14:26 UTC »
Yeah, I was casting from shore.  Sold my boat years ago and never replaced it (unless you count a float tube and I haven't had that thing out since my back went out).
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/20/20 17:29 UTC »
Good deal. Great to just get out and catching a few is a bonus.  ;)

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 11/20/20 17:47 UTC »
Glad you were able to get out and get a few fish to play.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN