Author Topic: 2 3/4" split tails  (Read 2335 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
2 3/4" split tails
« on: 07/27/17 18:47 UTC »
Here are some split tails done today for a friends grandson. These are from the 2 3/4" molds and are done using a couple hi lite powders outside of the products normally used in plastics and not of the jacquard variety.

The top bait uses Jacquard color with gold around the eyes and a purple across the back. The bait immediately under the top one uses a gold and a purple used as hi lites pearls in automotive top coat clear paints. The gold in the second bait feathers real nice as does the purple and in the hand the automotive purple is way more bold. The third bait down is done in Jacquard colors, gold at the eyes, green over that and a silver pearl on the top of the back, identical to what I did the larger bait in a week ago that had the chartreuse tail line. The bottom bait is all automotive again with gold along and around the eyes and a hot pink/tangerine on the top. The hot pink/tangerine will show an orange glint in the sun and is a beautiful color.

The basic baits were done as hand pours, line color injections using clear plastic and .004 micro glitter silver and fire opal and just a smidge of super sparkle pearl. The clear also has uv enhancer.

I'm really loving this split tail minnow design in both the larger and 2 3/4" baits. Both lend themselves handily to using this technique and the results can be show stoppers.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Re: 2 3/4" split tails
« Reply #1 on: 07/27/17 19:48 UTC »
VERY nice Tom ! Almost no time to play with plastic for this guy these days.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #2 on: 07/27/17 20:16 UTC »
Perfect great colors TOM
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 07/27/17 20:34 UTC »
Nice looking baits again Tom. Your always finding more stuff for me to buy.

Offline CrappieCat

• Yearling
« Reply #4 on: 07/29/17 12:45 UTC »
And where does one get the 2.75 mold.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 07/29/17 12:54 UTC »
The bait is still being considered for mold making. No word on whether its a go or not. These were done in a trial mold and not available as yet.

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 07/29/17 15:42 UTC »
Good chance this will be available in multiple sizes shortly.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 07/30/17 07:46 UTC »
This is great news Do-It! Thanks!

Anyone getting either the 2 3/4" or the next size larger will be met with a mold that is super easy to use and cranks out a dynamite bait. Being formatted to make a top on one side of the mold and a belly on the other makes creating baits like I've shown something that most everyone can do.

MuskyGary asked once how long it takes me to make a hundred of these guys. Its not how long it takes to make them, its having baits, if only one or two even remotely alike, that I know nobody else has or that can't be bought at the local shop. When one of these nice baits goes hot you can enjoy fishing like its your own little world with a fence around it. Now it sounds as though the Do-It crew will be making a lot of fences to go up. lol The basic baits are so simple to make that taking some time to play like I have will reward you in many, many ways.

This is a good move Do-It dudes!

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 07/30/17 16:08 UTC »
I bet that tail has a lot of action under a bobber!

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 07/30/17 20:58 UTC »
The tails on all of the sizes I've messed with have a lot of action period.